Match Thread: Pakistan v Zimbabwe, 3rd ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Match Thread: Pakistan v Zimbabwe, 3rd ODI

Post by andy24 »

another competive efoort by zim. and thats all they need to keep doin. great bowlin by muparwia. and taylor and williams were great to. chigunbura at the end deserved a fifty to. this game showed that zim have a very bright future to look foward to. williams is goin to b a star.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

andy24 wrote:another competive efoort by zim. and thats all they need to keep doin. great bowlin by muparwia. and taylor and williams were great to. chigunbura at the end deserved a fifty to. this game showed that zim have a very bright future to look foward to. williams is goin to b a star.
Yeah, the commentators say it's best Zimbabwe go for the slog and get 160-180 all out rather than 7/230 or 240 odd. I disagree. If we are all out for 160 then it means we are going backwards. Over time, I think we can turn those 230 to 240's into 260's or 270's.

Williams and Taylor were fantastic. Mupariwa was on fire.

Good performance, albeit if it was another losing one.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Good performance, albeit if it was another losing one.
Key thing is that the matches have been getting closer as the series goes on - and if we'd had Utseya for the past two matches, I'm fairly certain we could have had a win from one of them. Although Mupariwa today was excellent.

Series is gone, but I'll be very disappointed if Zim don't win one of the remaining games.

zulu

Post by zulu »

good performance by zimbabwe but i still think they could of won that if they put their mind to it i mean chigumbura didnt try to hit a 6 once didnt show any effort to get the runs but it was a big target and against good bowling attack so i suppose it was understandable. good innings from williams hes really gonna be a brilliant test batsmen when zimbabwe return to Test status.

It just shows you how far Zimbabwe have come if you go back a year they were losing ODI series to bangladesh(think they even lost 5-0 in one of the ODI series) but now they are competeing against the big guns and im sure that if and when zimbabwe play lesser teams like bangladesh they will beat them comfortably.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

‘Pathetic’ commentary irks viewers

Staff Report

LAHORE: The standard of the cricket commentary of the ongoing one-day international series between Pakistan and Zimbabwe has been termed as ‘pathetic’ by the viewers across the country. The cricket lovers of the country have demanded for the experts ‘who should have command of Urdu and English languages’ and must know the technicalities of the game. Just like Karachi and Hyderabad, the commentary by ‘novices’ during the third ODI in Multan on Sunday also let the viewers down. It is pertinent to mention that two Dubai-based TV sports channels, Ten Sports and ARY, have the rights to cover the said series. But both the channels, instead of hiring experts like Ramiz Raja and Sanjay Majrekar, have acquired the services former Pakistan cricketers Zaheer Abbas, Sikander Bakht and Mushtaq Mohammad for the commentary. “The trio represented Pakistan with grace as far as their game was concerned but unfortunately they have failed to impress as commentators,” the viewers in Lahore told Daily Times on Sunday. “We really miss expertise of Ramiz and Sanjay who have earned a lot of respect in this field,” they added. Sources told Daily Times that the current ‘team of experts’ had been hired on the advice of former Pakistan Test cricketer Asif Iqbal. “Asif currently works with ARY channel and he gave a favour to his former teammates and friends without keeping in view the Pakistani fans attachment to the game. The ‘unprofessional and weak’ commentary of Zaheer, Mushtaq and Sikander has made Pakistan a laughing stock.” Sources said Ten Sports was receiving hundreds of emails daily for this ‘horrible and substandard’ commentary. It is interesting to note that a couple of years back the below average cricket commentary on the Pakistan Television was banned under the directives from the President House. “But it is lamentable that the PTV has to show the ‘same comedy’ along with the Dubai channels,” sources concluded.
Don't forget Hugo.

farhan

Post by farhan »

well zim should have got result in thier favour has they get rid of afridi,i thought shean williams would have been the man bowwling to afridi to me he impessed bowling at death overs,opting for him too late was the turning point of the match that cast the match to zim.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

farhan wrote:well zim should have got result in thier favour has they get rid of afridi,i thought shean williams would have been the man bowwling to afridi to me he impessed bowling at death overs,opting for him too late was the turning point of the match that cast the match to zim.
I agree. Sean Williams is severely underused as a bowler.