Grant Flower has extended his contract with Essex CCC

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Detective RDS

Grant Flower has extended his contract with Essex CCC

Post by Detective RDS »

Link: http://www.cricinfo.com/countycricket20 ... 15817.html

County news

Grant Flower extends Essex contract

Cricinfo staff

July 21, 2009

Grant Flower, the former Zimbabwe allrounder, has signed a new contract with Essex which will keep him at the county until the end of the 2010 season.

"It is a real pleasure to be extending my stay with Essex for another season," Flower said. "There is still plenty of cricket left to play this season and we need to get back to winning ways."

Paul Grayson, the Essex coach, was delighted with Flower's contract extension. "Grant is one of the best professionals I have worked with at Essex and is a highly respected member of the squad," Grayson said. "He consistently offers us so much in one-day cricket and also with the second XI."

The next season will be Flower's sixth year with Essex. He played a key role in them winning the Friends Provident Trophy and the NatWest Pro40 Division Two title in 2009.

Detective RDS

Re: Grant Flower has extended his contract with Essex CCC

Post by Detective RDS »

Link: http://www.essexcricket.org.uk/news124.html

Grant Flower signs contract extension

Essex Cricket can today announce that all-rounder Grant Flower has signed a one-year contract extension.

Popular Essex player, Grant, 38, has been with Essex since March 2005 and has proved himself as a consistent performer with both bat and ball. In 2008, Grant made some major contributions in the winning of the Friends Provident Trophy and the NatWest Pro40 Division II title.

The contract extension takes Grant up until the end of the 2010 domestic season. Zimbabwe born Grant spoke exclusively to www.essexcricket.org.uk , “It is a real pleasure to be extending my stay with Essex for another season. There is still plenty of cricket left to play this season and we need to get back to winning ways."

Paul Grayson additionally spoke to www.essexcricket.org.uk, “I am delighted that Grant is staying with us for another season. He consistently offers us so much in one-day cricket and also with the Second XI."

“Grant is one of the best professionals I have worked with at Essex and is a highly respected member of the squad."

Detective RDS

Re: Grant Flower has extended his contract with Essex CCC

Post by Detective RDS »

I think, his extention of contract rules out his return to Zimbabwe, I mean involvement in any particular coaching role in new franchise season.