Bangladesh Watch 2015-2019

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: Bangladesh Watch 2015-2019

Post by Kriterion_BD » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:29 am

I would hope Shakib is just asking for a temporary break. Its not ideal, but if thats all it is, I'm OK with it. We dont know what his mental state is like, it seems he's mentally beat rather than physical. Unlike the Kohlis or De Villiers, he plays in the IPL, CPL, PSL, occaisional stints elsewhere and the only time hes not there is for international duties. Thats a lot of travelling.

He also travels alot for family as his wife and daughter live in the US.

The BCB seems to think there is a chance shakib might come back for the 2nd Test. I just hope he's back for the SL series, as that might mark the first time Bangladesh fields their strongest ever XI.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed; its against the oppressor. Time is on the side of the oppressed; its against the oppressor. You don't need anything else.
[Malcolm X]

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 am

In the cricinfo article, Nasir was dropped because he underperformed in his comeback series. For Imrul, Soumya & Shabbir it wasn't a comeback series. So, theoretically, if Mahmudullah underperforms, he should get punted- again. Rubel is the Bradman of bowlers- average wise.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Shakib speaks! He sheds some light on his request for a break: "Tests will be the LAST format I retire from"

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/bang ... re-1461067
Truth is on the side of the oppressed; its against the oppressor. Time is on the side of the oppressed; its against the oppressor. You don't need anything else.
[Malcolm X]