Australia XI for first Test v BD

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Australia XI for first Test v BD

Post by jaybro »

Some big changes ahead for Australia and next test is against BD, what will the team be ??

Warner
Burns
Smith
S Marsh
Voges
M Marsh
Nevill
Johnson
Agar
Starc
Lyon

I think Johnson might be rested, I also think it's time to see Callum Ferguson in the test team .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

AngusBeef

Re: Australia XI for first Test v BD

Post by AngusBeef »

The selectors are usually pretty quick to give Johnson a rest so I wouldn't expect to see him. Instead I think we will see Cummins/Hazelwood or even Siddle on his most recent performance. Would love to see Sandhu given a crack also but he is just too far down the pecking order of Aussie quicks.

Still no Khawaja somehow :x Leading run scorer domestically, What more does this guy have to do!!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Pretty sure Usman missed last years domestic season with a knee injury ??

AngusBeef

Post by AngusBeef »

Meant in Matador Cup (before his injury) where he had 532 Runs striking at 99 and averaging 74

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

My bold prediction for this series is BD winning a Test at long last. Lets see how close we get.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:My bold prediction for this series is BD winning a Test at long last. Lets see how close we get.

Attitude is everything and with the board saying they want to focus on ODI'S before tests that attitude might trickle down to the players ......

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The BCB wants to focus on T20s before the world T20...even the Asia Cup has been converted to a T20 tournament just before the WT20 in India. ODIs have always been the most popular format in BD, like the rest of Asia. But I think with us now becoming an established ODI side, the boys who are all still very young will focus on Tests. They know how few Tests we play relative to other sides, and also how special it is to play teams like Australia.

BD winning a Test against anyone is still a big longshot (it will always be until we actually get that first win), but I figure its gotta start somewhere and this is as good a shot as we've had. The real issue will be two-fold, IMO. First, will the pitches be very flat or will they be result-oriented like the 2nd pitch vs Pakistan, the pitch vs India, and the pitches vs SA all of which turned considerably more than typical BD wickets? Secondly, will Taskin be fit enough to make a debut? Taskin is the only piece of the puzzle still missing. The batting is almost set with Mahmudullah at #4 being the only weak link - and he's been consistently scoring 50s for the past year. The spinners too are good to go with Jubair being our trump card in the years to come. The of course the seam attack would be terrific with Mustafiz and Taskin leading the attack with Shahid, Robiul, Shafiul, Abul contributing as the third seamer.

Oh the third factor will be Mushfiq's captaincy. I thought his leadership was outstanding in the first SA test when we bowled them out for 250. If he can maintain that level of pressure we should be fine. If he reverts to his usual antics, we'll be royally screwed.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Mate I can't wait for this series. Just wanna see these two young quickies unleashed against the aussies! should be great to watch

JohnAtkins
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by JohnAtkins »

Australia and Bangladesh are ready to play two tests in October. Australia played test with Bangladesh in 2006 and Bangladesh visited Australia two times. It will be interesting to see who will win this test series with some big changes in the team. For more information you can navigate here.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Sloan, Taskin's fitness still has to be assessed. He's taking part in a month long conditioning camp right now, but missed the entire SA series with a side strain. Same injury forced him out of the Zimbabwe series last year - although he ended up playing in the DPL 50 over matches during the 4th and 5th ODIs against ZIM.