Bangladesh bowler Shahadat&wife abuse their 11 year old maid

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
bavuma_rabada
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Bangladesh bowler Shahadat&wife abuse their 11 year old maid

Post by bavuma_rabada »

Bangladesh police are seeking to arrest national cricketer Shahadat Hossain and his wife for allegedly beating their 11-year-old maid who works in their home.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Cricke ... e-20150907

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/ ... 18403.html
Mighty Proteas: Sincuba, Zondo, Ramela, Bavuma, Tsolekile(c), Mosehle(wk), Gqamane, Rabada, Phehlukwayo, Phangiso, Tsotsobe (Coach: Toyana)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Bangladesh bowler Shahadat&wife abuse their 11 year old

Post by jaybro »

Should be arrested for having an 11 year old maid !!!!
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

^totally legal in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan. My own relatives have had several children of that age. They've fetched breakfast for me while I read the newspaper in the living room. Yes yes, extreme laziness. Its an unfortunate reality of extreme poverty incomprehensible to westerners who's idea of child labor is confined to sweatshops or diamond mining thanks to movies like blood diamond. Just like people blaming the parents of that Syrian kid that drowned. As someome said, you only get on the boat when the water is less dangerous than the land.

Apart from that, yes Shahadat should be flogged in public if he's guilty. His wife too. At one time was my favorite BD player, SMH. But the guys moral fiber went the way of his bowling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

I don't care what part of the world you're from, having a 11 year old child as a maid is just plain wrong and disgusting.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

That applies in all countries except poor ones like Bangladesh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

if they are paid adequately then why not.

If i could afford slaves (and they needed me more than vice versa, thus helping them) id have more slaves than Don Johnson in Django.

I wouldnt bash them though.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:if they are paid adequately then why not.

If i could afford slaves (and they needed me more than vice versa, thus helping them) id have more slaves than Don Johnson in Django.

I wouldnt bash them though.

You certainly would make a kind master.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

bavuma_rabada

Post by bavuma_rabada »

http://www.ann7.com/article/40654-04102 ... hDTsH3ZXzh
Dhaka, Bangladesh

Bangladesh police arrested international cricketer Shahadat Hossain's wife on Sunday over allegations of beating and torturing their 11-year-old maid, an officer said. The 29-year-old paceman was suspended last month when police raided his house after officers found the injured and crying maid on a street in the capital Dhaka. He and his wife Nritto Shahadat had been on the run since.

"Nritto Shahadat was arrested from her parents' house," inspector Shafiqur Rahman told AFP. "We conducted a raid at the house as we had information that the couple was hiding there. But we only found her," he said, adding police were still hunting for Hossain. The maid, Mahfuza Akter Happy, told police and local media in September that the couple beat her, while television footage showed her looking frail and thin with swollen black eyes. Police had found her hand charred with a hot cooking paddle and injury marks all over her body.

A case has been filed against Shahadat and his wife, who could face charges of child repression and employing a minor. Shahadat played 38 Tests and 51 one-day internationals for Bangladesh.
Mighty Proteas: Sincuba, Zondo, Ramela, Bavuma, Tsolekile(c), Mosehle(wk), Gqamane, Rabada, Phehlukwayo, Phangiso, Tsotsobe (Coach: Toyana)