Playing Pools of the Cricketing Nations

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
AngusBeef

Playing Pools of the Cricketing Nations

Post by AngusBeef »

Stumbled across this document from 2013 by the ICC detailing the playing numbers of the associate & affiliate level countries from 2002-2013.

I'd be interested to see how we stack up against some of these teams and even against the other full member sides if anyone has a good source. I get the feeling the likes of Afghanistan and Ireland are already right on our heels and a lot closer to us than we are to the next closet test nation (West Indies? New Zealand?).

A few points I picked up on at a glance:
  • Hong Kong are massively over-performing with only 840 senior players

Kenya has some great growth, and much better numbers then there glory years at international level, so what's going on to their team now?

Canada is under-performing given they have close to 9000 senior players (Ireland only has ~5000)

Afghanistan's growth is amazing; total participation up nearly 72 fold in ten years :o

Africa has been the best performer for growth in the 10yr period considering senior participation was up 265% and total participation up 413%

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Playing Pools of the Cricketing Nations

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I'm very interested to know this too. Especially zimbabwe.

Canada,USA etc can always be explained by my golden rule;
Associates that rely on asian subcontinentals will never be as good as local raised players.

Always the case universally.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*