Chris Gayle BBL Interview

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Chris Gayle BBL Interview

Post by SpitfiresKent »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC5XKcqeq_g

You can clearly see that she was uncomfortable with the comments from Gayle.

What do you guys think?

jaybro

Re: Chris Gayle BBL Interview

Post by jaybro »

Yeah she was but fuck me talk about being blown out of proportion ......

All these women keep crying how it's a male dominated industry and they just want equality, well last I checked it was a male sport so of course it's going to be male dominated. Another thing I might get smashed for is she only has the job cause she's a women, on every sports broadcast team in Australia now they have a women presenter not because they're the best person for the job but because they need at least one women on the panel. So I guess that equality stuff goes out the window ??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

It may be blown out of proportion, but Gayle shouldn't have done that. Even one line (eg nice eyes/hair/pretty face) would even be OK I guess. Fact is, it was done with thousands of viewers and was clearly in jest - which actually makes it more disrespectful in a sense. Had he done it off camera, I wouldn't have said anything cuz I could see myself doing that. Or if he seriously asked her out, that would have been fine too.

She is hot tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

You're right Kriterion ......

Mel is very hot ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Its been blown waaaaay out of proportion.

It should have been a case of 'Chris, that was not on, pull your head in' and left at that.

Everyone is always in such a rush to get offended.

On a semi related note, I'm astounded by the popularity of the Big Bash this year.

They got 81,000 people to a match a few days ago!!!
People are talking about it in the street and its on every night prime time TV.

The whole atmosphere is energetic and carnivalistic and not how you traditionally associate cricketing culture. Its seriously tapped into new markets. Its captured women and the 'crickets fun to play but boring to watch' crowd.
The test match has got 5000 attendees a day and people are only talking about how bad the Windies are.

This happens for two more seasons then t20 has well and truly replaced tests as the dominant cricket format in Australia.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

How do people in Melbourne and Sydney decide which team to support?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

AngusBeef

Post by AngusBeef »

eugene wrote:How do people in Melbourne and Sydney decide which team to support?
In Sydney at least the Thunder market themselves as the team for the west and play out of Sydney Showgrounds located in the inner-west.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

^yeah Angus is correct, boundary being the gladesville bridge, and in my opinion its dumber than dogshit.

Tribalism has always been a pillar of Australian sport, so why not West Sydney Thunder? West Sydney is bigger than Coastal, so that should be a good marketing move for that alone.

Not sure what Melbournes boundaries are.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Personally I think Gayle is a total twat, all you ever get from caribbean blacks is shit about respect, so what did Gayle do ?, he totally disrespected McLaughlin, shame she didn't dis her microphone by sticking it up his arse

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:^yeah Angus is correct, boundary being the gladesville bridge, and in my opinion its dumber than dogshit.

Tribalism has always been a pillar of Australian sport, so why not West Sydney Thunder? West Sydney is bigger than Coastal, so that should be a good marketing move for that alone.

Not sure what Melbournes boundaries are.
Yep, I agree entirely. They should have made it east/west/north/south or something when they started the teams. I guess they were too focused on the stupid nicknames like "Thunder" and "Stars" etc.

You're right about the tournament popularity too; the way the public has gotten behind the Perth Scorchers in WA is quite astonishing. Nobody gave a damn about domestic cricket a few years ago and now every game is a sell out. Wouldn't be surprised if the BBL is hitting 40k spectators here in a few years time, when the new stadium opens.

On the Mel topic, I agree that the reaction has been over the top. I think he'd have been okay if he didn't say "don't blush baby", because at that point it was obvious she wasn't going to engage in any banter with him. So it looked like he went too far... he just misread the situation I guess. I think he's probably a tool, but not because of this incident alone. The BBL administrators are hilarious though; it's so important these days to be politically correct that they come across as hypocrites. So they create this tournament which is all about entertainment and spontaneity and when someone does something that could be entertaining and spontaneous they are the first to condemn it. $10,000 fine for getting rejected! A bit harsh!