AB mulls over international career

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Flakeman

AB mulls over international career

Post by Flakeman »

Apparently theres alot more than exhaustion behind ABs reason to ponder over quitting. Graeme Smith was in an interview where he said AB is discouraged greatly by the role transformation is playing in SA. Lets face it, its a disastrous system that is purely racist. We all know what the World Cup meant to AB. Picking Philander (an injured horribly out of form at the time) over Abbott at the 11th hour was a blatently obvious decision based on government policies. That decision ultimately cost the Proteas a spot in the final and a real chance at winning the trophy. In my opinion, AB, Faf, Dale, Morne, Hash, all need to take a stand and refuse to play untill transformation has no role to play in International, Franchise, provincial levels. I fully support the pumping of money into rural areas thus allowing all kids to play cricket and enjoy the game. That is what transformation should be, grassroots funding to ensure a level playing field. Not the ruining careers of aspiring white cricketers thrown out of sides due to the colour of their skin who are better than them being picked. Ultimately if players dont take a stand, SA will keep dropping down the rankings.

P.s I did hear The Titans Cricket Board were mulling over a strike against transformation.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: AB mulls over international career

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:Apparently theres alot more than exhaustion behind ABs reason to ponder over quitting. Graeme Smith was in an interview where he said AB is discouraged greatly by the role transformation is playing in SA. Lets face it, its a disastrous system that is purely racist. We all know what the World Cup meant to AB. Picking Philander (an injured horribly out of form at the time) over Abbott at the 11th hour was a blatently obvious decision based on government policies. That decision ultimately cost the Proteas a spot in the final and a real chance at winning the trophy. In my opinion, AB, Faf, Dale, Morne, Hash, all need to take a stand and refuse to play untill transformation has no role to play in International, Franchise, provincial levels. I fully support the pumping of money into rural areas thus allowing all kids to play cricket and enjoy the game. That is what transformation should be, grassroots funding to ensure a level playing field. Not the ruining careers of aspiring white cricketers thrown out of sides due to the colour of their skin who are better than them being picked. Ultimately if players dont take a stand, SA will keep dropping down the rankings.

P.s I did hear The Titans Cricket Board were mulling over a strike against transformation.

I went to watch some of the Franchise Cricket last season when i was in South Africa. Watched Hardus Nils rock up and he is sharp by the way, scary pace. But there were guys there making up the racial numbers; in my opinion this Eddie Lei fella is a poor cricketer. I was sat next to a black guy and even he said he shouldn't be in; he mentioned a kid called something Bosch, a bowler, that was supposed to make his debut but was withdrawn last minute because a government official was watching..pathetic.

SA will seriously go down the route Zim has taken. I hope it doesn't get to that but, it appears the cricket isn't the only thing suffering in SA at the moment due to race and the colour of ones skin

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Yeah they're on a road to disaster in my opinion, South Africa are already loosing players to county cricket due to wages alone so giving them more incentive to leave will only speed up the process to ruin cricket over there ......

You're right Flake pump heaps of money into the rural areas so these kids are given a chance but no point giving them a free pass .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

So in ten years time we may see afghanistan replacing SA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)