Australia tour of India

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Australia tour of India

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:Haha you'd figure after the Aussies racked up nearly 300 on that surface the Indians would get close to it. Glad to be proven wrong haha.

Don't worry no one is more surprised than I about what has happened in Pune. Great for test cricket to have an exciting series on our hands now ....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Home sides are always going to lay out wickets to suit their tactical needs (flat pitches against underdogs who will just be batted out of the game like India had vs BD in Hyderabad - pity as India basically asked us to draw that game and we refused - spinning tracks for non-Asian sides, and greentops for Asian sides). Makes a road Test victory all the more valuable.

I'm thinking of what kind of format the Test Championship will take. My idea would be a timeless Test where the 6th day if it gets to that would be a rest day, played at a neutral venue with the ICC regulating the pitch so as not to favor either side.

This may turn out to be just like the 2012 series on rank turners where England romped to a 2-1 win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

2nd test evenly poised Kohli just walking out to the crease 2nd innings .....

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

I don't mean to blame one player for the loss, but if Australia's Chigumbura gets selected again in tests, I may jump ship. Khawaja isn't selected because of failures against spin in Sri Lanka. Yet this knob has now played 21 tests & doesn't have the technique to cope with what's dished up. Hilton Cartwright must be shaking his head also.
Worst selection ever!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Against all expectations this has turned out to be the best test series in recent memory .....

Hopefully we have another exciting drama filled final test .....

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:Against all expectations this has turned out to be the best test series in recent memory .....

Indeed, intriguing and very high quality test match cricket. And not many people thought the Aussies could hold on to the draw on 5th day I'm sure, specially after Smith and Warner departed early. I see a bit of young Steve Waugh in Handscomb, hope he gets a lot of confidence from that knock.

And that Pujara knock was epic. I don't think there was any such innings from an Indian cricketer since Dravid retired. Absolutely unbelievable levels of concentration, stamina and ability to withstand pressure.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
jaybro wrote:Against all expectations this has turned out to be the best test series in recent memory .....

Indeed, intriguing and very high quality test match cricket. And not many people thought the Aussies could hold on to the draw on 5th day I'm sure, specially after Smith and Warner departed early. I see a bit of young Steve Waugh in Handscomb, hope he gets a lot of confidence from that knock.

And that Pujara knock was epic. I don't think there was any such innings from an Indian cricketer since Dravid retired. Absolutely unbelievable levels of concentration, stamina and ability to withstand pressure.
Like many of Dravid's that Pujara knock may have cost India the match and eventually the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

That's a stupid comment, India had more than enough time to bowl Australia out. Pujara's knock also ensured India went from having to bat on the final day to save the match to bowling on the final day to win the match .....

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:That's a stupid comment, India had more than enough time to bowl Australia out. Pujara's knock also ensured India went from having to bat on the final day to save the match to bowling on the final day to win the match .....
Yes, that was so stupid and distasteful that it did not even deserve a response :)