Australia tour of India

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 5088
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Australia tour of India

Post by jaybro » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:02 am

Kriterion_BD wrote:Haha you'd figure after the Aussies racked up nearly 300 on that surface the Indians would get close to it. Glad to be proven wrong haha.

Don't worry no one is more surprised than I about what has happened in Pune. Great for test cricket to have an exciting series on our hands now ....
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 2527
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Australia tour of India

Post by Kriterion_BD » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:01 am

Home sides are always going to lay out wickets to suit their tactical needs (flat pitches against underdogs who will just be batted out of the game like India had vs BD in Hyderabad - pity as India basically asked us to draw that game and we refused - spinning tracks for non-Asian sides, and greentops for Asian sides). Makes a road Test victory all the more valuable.

I'm thinking of what kind of format the Test Championship will take. My idea would be a timeless Test where the 6th day if it gets to that would be a rest day, played at a neutral venue with the ICC regulating the pitch so as not to favor either side.

This may turn out to be just like the 2012 series on rank turners where England romped to a 2-1 win.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed; its against the oppressor. Time is on the side of the oppressed; its against the oppressor. You don't need anything else.
[Malcolm X]

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 5088
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Australia tour of India

Post by jaybro » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:47 am

2nd test evenly poised Kohli just walking out to the crease 2nd innings .....
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

cricket_22001
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: Australia tour of India

Post by cricket_22001 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:49 am

I don't mean to blame one player for the loss, but if Australia's Chigumbura gets selected again in tests, I may jump ship. Khawaja isn't selected because of failures against spin in Sri Lanka. Yet this knob has now played 21 tests & doesn't have the technique to cope with what's dished up. Hilton Cartwright must be shaking his head also.
Worst selection ever!

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 5088
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Australia tour of India

Post by jaybro » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:50 am

Against all expectations this has turned out to be the best test series in recent memory .....

Hopefully we have another exciting drama filled final test .....
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

User avatar
CrimsonAvenger
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 am
Supports: Mountaineers
Location: India

Re: Australia tour of India

Post by CrimsonAvenger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 am

jaybro wrote:Against all expectations this has turned out to be the best test series in recent memory .....

Hopefully we have another exciting drama filled final test .....
Indeed, intriguing and very high quality test match cricket. And not many people thought the Aussies could hold on to the draw on 5th day I'm sure, specially after Smith and Warner departed early. I see a bit of young Steve Waugh in Handscomb, hope he gets a lot of confidence from that knock.

And that Pujara knock was epic. I don't think there was any such innings from an Indian cricketer since Dravid retired. Absolutely unbelievable levels of concentration, stamina and ability to withstand pressure.

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 2527
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Australia tour of India

Post by Kriterion_BD » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:30 pm

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
jaybro wrote:Against all expectations this has turned out to be the best test series in recent memory .....

Hopefully we have another exciting drama filled final test .....
Indeed, intriguing and very high quality test match cricket. And not many people thought the Aussies could hold on to the draw on 5th day I'm sure, specially after Smith and Warner departed early. I see a bit of young Steve Waugh in Handscomb, hope he gets a lot of confidence from that knock.

And that Pujara knock was epic. I don't think there was any such innings from an Indian cricketer since Dravid retired. Absolutely unbelievable levels of concentration, stamina and ability to withstand pressure.
Like many of Dravid's that Pujara knock may have cost India the match and eventually the series.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed; its against the oppressor. Time is on the side of the oppressed; its against the oppressor. You don't need anything else.
[Malcolm X]

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 5088
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Australia tour of India

Post by jaybro » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:05 am

That's a stupid comment, India had more than enough time to bowl Australia out. Pujara's knock also ensured India went from having to bat on the final day to save the match to bowling on the final day to win the match .....
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

User avatar
CrimsonAvenger
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 am
Supports: Mountaineers
Location: India

Re: Australia tour of India

Post by CrimsonAvenger » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:20 am

jaybro wrote:That's a stupid comment, India had more than enough time to bowl Australia out. Pujara's knock also ensured India went from having to bat on the final day to save the match to bowling on the final day to win the match .....
Yes, that was so stupid and distasteful that it did not even deserve a response :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests