[Series Thread] West Indies in England 2017

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

[Series Thread] West Indies in England 2017

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The Windies just got demolished in the first Test. Dissappointing showing by Alzarri Joseph. I hope the selectors keep the faith in him.

But whats up with all these new names in the England lineup: I only recognize Cook and Root's name from the top order. Where is Haseeb Hameed...that kid is going to be a superstar???!!!

And why did Woakes get benched?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Series Thread] West Indies in England 2017

Post by sloandog »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:44 am
The Windies just got demolished in the first Test. Dissappointing showing by Alzarri Joseph. I hope the selectors keep the faith in him.

But whats up with all these new names in the England lineup: I only recognize Cook and Root's name from the top order. Where is Haseeb Hameed...that kid is going to be a superstar???!!!

And why did Woakes get benched?

Hameed hasn't scored a run all season mate, he had no right in being selected. Woakes has just come back from an injury, and perhaps (for now) doesn't make the XI.

Joseph was SO disappointing :oops: Barely over 82mph and got absolutely spanked all over the place

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Hameed looked like a star child in India, the toughest place to score runs.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Zimbabwe really should be aiming for a result in the up coming Windies test series. These guys are junk.

England need to find some answers for their top 5 before the Ashes. Surely there's another keeper so Bairstow can bat 4 or 5 ??

Not sure Westley is up to batting three and they just seem to be turning over openers at record pace.

I could be wrong but I think it's going to be a horror show for England in the Ashes.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I hope the West Indies show a bit more fight in this test match. I was actually cringing watching the way some of their batters got out. But, at the same time, we have to remember that they are actually all very young and lack experience. The talent is indisputably there, but it's really a case if the common sense is there. Jason Holder came across as a very thick bloke at times, as did Cummins and Kraig Brathwaite.

I want the West Indies to do so well. The world needs a strong West Indies Cricket team, but they have got to show some fight. They all have the talent for international cricket but talent is nothing if you don't utilise it

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Zimbabwe should whitewash West Indies.

But knowing our luck, Darren Sammy and Chris Gayle will get selected again and Chanderpaul will come out of retirement and they'll score double centuries each.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:33 pm
I hope the West Indies show a bit more fight in this test match. I was actually cringing watching the way some of their batters got out. But, at the same time, we have to remember that they are actually all very young and lack experience. The talent is indisputably there, but it's really a case if the common sense is there. Jason Holder came across as a very thick bloke at times, as did Cummins and Kraig Brathwaite.

I want the West Indies to do so well. The world needs a strong West Indies Cricket team, but they have got to show some fight. They all have the talent for international cricket but talent is nothing if you don't utilise it
Windies players only care about T20 and money. Bravo is playing whatever else when he should be with the Test side. Of course the board are also equally to blame for misgovernance.

The current side has a decent core to build around. Brathwaite, Chase, and Blackwood are all capable batters and Joseph, Gabriel, and Bishoo can form a useful attack. Just have some deadweight around that core.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:44 pm
Zimbabwe should whitewash West Indies.

But knowing our luck, Darren Sammy and Chris Gayle will get selected again and Chanderpaul will come out of retirement and they'll score double centuries each.
Brathwaite, Chase, and Blackwood are all potemtially capable of double centuries against the best bowling attacks.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Windies in a position to take control of this Test and square the series. Hoping for an England comeback though.

Twice now the Windies have won Tests out of nowhere and prevented Bangladesh from jumping past them into 8th on the rankings table. Looks like it might very well happen again!

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:13 pm
Twice now the Windies have won Tests out of nowhere and prevented Bangladesh from jumping past them into 8th on the rankings table. Looks like it might very well happen again!
Are the Windies the new Pakistan?