[Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by sloandog »

Mulder debuted yesterday and had a good outing with the pip.
Clocked up to 142Kph (88mph) at 19 years old. And apparently he's more of a batting all-rounder.
Absolutely superb to see such an exciting prospect come through like this.

Andile is purely a limited overs player due to his lack of pace. Barely touching 80mph in test cricket doesn't cut the mustard.
Would rather have a Dwayne Pretorious in the mixer

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Yeah Mulder was certainly impressive, was bowling a yard quicker than when I last saw him. Definitely a lot if raw talent to work with.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 am
Andile is purely a limited overs player due to his lack of pace. Barely touching 80mph in test cricket doesn't cut the mustard. Would rather have a Dwayne Pretorious in the mixer
Ask your friend Craig Ervine's opinion

PhehlukwayoZIM - Copy.png
PhehlukwayoZIM - Copy.png (10.4 KiB) Viewed 3877 times

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:30 pm
sloandog wrote:
Andile is purely a limited overs player due to his lack of pace. Barely touching 80mph in test cricket doesn't cut the mustard. Would rather have a Dwayne Pretorious in the mixer

He's taken a fiver, brilliant...what's your point. Doesn't necessarily mean he's a born text bowler. I'm just saying, I really rate him in limited over cricket, but until he builds up more pace I can't see him being a long term test option. Not when kids like Mulder are knocking about.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Test bowler**

pariah

Post by pariah »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8877 ... es-2017-18

Lungi Ngidi thoroughy destroying the Lions...

Lucky Bangladesh had to face Duanne Olivier. Rabada-Ngidi would've humiliated them beyond bearable proportions.
NgidiDestroysMyLions - Copy.png
NgidiDestroysMyLions - Copy.png (37.71 KiB) Viewed 3865 times
Absolutely warms my heart!

Soon all of Ngidi, Rabada, Bavuma, Ramela and Phehlukwayo will be in the Test XI, and the Proteas will be even more dominant!

pariah

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 am
pariah wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:30 pm
sloandog wrote:

He's taken a fiver, brilliant...what's your point. Doesn't necessarily mean he's a born text bowler. I'm just saying, I really rate him in limited over cricket, but until he builds up more pace I can't see him being a long term test option. Not when kids like Mulder are knocking about.
Until Vernon Philander builds more pace what is he?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

You're actually comparing Philander to Andile? You lose so so much credibility when you say such stupid things.

Philander was a proven FC performer before he even got selected in a test match, and Philander is a couple of miles an hour quicker...oh and he moves the ball prodigiously every single over. Not to mention the fact he has a strong wrist position.

Andile's wrist is all over the place, he doesn't move the ball enough and doesn't have the pace to supplement this lack of movement.
The fact you can even utter Philander's name in the same sentence is pure buffoonery.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:38 am
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8877 ... es-2017-18

Lungi Ngidi thoroughy destroying the Lions...

Lucky Bangladesh had to face Duanne Olivier. Rabada-Ngidi would've humiliated them beyond bearable proportions.

NgidiDestroysMyLions - Copy.png

Absolutely warms my heart!

Soon all of Ngidi, Rabada, Bavuma, Ramela and Phehlukwayo will be in the Test XI, and the Proteas will be even more dominant!
Or perhaps a trio would have done, since Olivier is a proven FC performer and test wicket taker

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:20 pm
You're actually comparing Philander to Andile? You lose so so much credibility when you say such stupid things.

Philander was a proven FC performer before he even got selected in a test match, and Philander is a couple of miles an hour quicker...oh and he moves the ball prodigiously every single over. Not to mention the fact he has a strong wrist position.

Andile's wrist is all over the place, he doesn't move the ball enough and doesn't have the pace to supplement this lack of movement.
The fact you can even utter Philander's name in the same sentence is pure buffoonery.
Don't worry about talking bowling wrist positions to Hhm the only wrist position he knows is when he's holding his ...... well you know what :D
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement