[Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by pariah »

BD 61/3 against fringe bowlers.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1090 ... 18-2017-18

Same fringe bowlers NW and EB would have for lunch?

pariah

Post by pariah »

BD now 63/4 after 14.5 overs. Phangiso gets Mushfiqur.

Will there be enough runs on the board for AB de Villiers to bat or he'll be forced to open if he wants time in the middle?

pariah

Post by pariah »

After the Emerging boys, now quotas are shooting BD out for nothing.

I'm glad this tour is showing just what a thorough hiding BD/ZIM would get from a Transformation SA side.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Young Matthew Breetzke pasting Bangladesh.

This is a guy with just three FC and List A matches each in SA's Provincial 3-day and One-day Leagues. Not even Franchise!

Top u19, get's chucked into a tour match against BD and is outbatting Markram against them.

This is crazy! Pathetic from Bangladesh. Horrible! Imagine young Wiaan comes in at 3 and also humiliates Mashrafe and Shakib.

Yet guys will go and play in ENG and call that a valuable experience, while SA is just a few hundred kms drive for proper cricekt schooling! :lol:

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

pariah wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 pm
Young Matthew Breetzke pasting Bangladesh.

This is a guy with just three FC and List A matches each in SA's Provincial 3-day and One-day Leagues. Not even Franchise!

Top u19, get's chucked into a tour match against BD and is outbatting Markram against them.

This is crazy! Pathetic from Bangladesh. Horrible! Imagine young Wiaan comes in at 3 and also humiliates Mashrafe and Shakib.

Yet guys will go and play in ENG and call that a valuable experience, while SA is just a few hundred kms drive for proper cricekt schooling! :lol:

Seems you have a point. SA-XI is giving the Bangadesh fellas a real work out. Markram seem an absolute talent. I believe Zimbabwe used to play a lot of their cricket in the currie cup and what naught. I think we have a lot to learn from SA. We should be having our age group teams and A sides touring more often.

Breetzte is only 18 years. Wow now I get your point on Mashinge. If the talent is there it should be given an opportunity.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:22 am

I'm glad this tour is showing just what a thorough hiding BD/ZIM would get from a Transformation SA side.
This side is predominantly made up with white players.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Breetzke may be inexperienced, but is certainly a very exciting talent, keep an eye out for him at the next U19 World Cup. South Africa should have a quality side, Ntini's son is also part of their setup.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

pariah

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:24 pm
pariah wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:22 am

This side is predominantly made up with white players.
Duminy, Zondo, Phangiso, Siboto, Beuran Budaza? :?

Only 12 of Bangladesh's 49 overs(and 3 wickets) were bowled by white players in that embarassing 255 total, with Phangiso the only bowler of international quality.

If Reeza Hendricks was part of the batting(left out to accomodate JP and AB for battign practice) he would have smashed BD like Afghanistan -
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1790 ... ri-series/

The depth in SA is such that Chandika's BD and Streak's ZIM would struggle to beat not just the Proteas, but Proteas A to E too!

pariah

Post by pariah »

Maybe this explains the mediocrity
Players reaping nominal benefits of BCB's financial growth

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is generating greater revenues than it ever has, but that growth has not filtered down to the men most responsible for it: the national team. For the financial year 2017-18, the BCB is expected to earn $30 million, but they will spend only 1.8% of that amount on the national team's salaries.

Documents obtained by ESPNcricinfo show that the BCB will spend $550,500 in total yearly players' salary for the centrally contracted cricketers. Over half of the BCB's earnings can be said to be generated from the senior team: $17 million comes from title sponsors for international home series, national team sponsorship, ICC and ACC events, as well as international TV rights. The BCB will earn $1.4 million in this period, as part of a $20-million broadcast deal with Gazi TV that ends in 2019. The players' salaries constitute just over 3% of this $17 million.

It isn't as if the BCB has not recognised the players' contribution at all. In May this year, the board raised player salaries, though they still didn't match those of Zimbabwe or Ireland players. The highest paid Bangladesh players - Mashrafe Mortaza, Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim - are set to earn $63,000 annually, a 68% rise from the $37,500-retainer that Grade A-plus cricketers earned the previous year. In the next four grades, players are paid between $45,000 and $15,000 annually.

The players' match fees in all three formats have also seen an increase; a Test appearance fetches $4,300, an ODI $2,500, and for T20s, $1,250 per game.

This year's salary hike is mainly down to negotiations between senior players and BCB officials earlier in the year. Players like Mortaza, Shakib, Mushfiqur and Tamim Iqbal have been at the forefront of negotiations on big and small issues for the senior team. But what they put forward as their end of the bargain doesn't usually contain properly vetted numbers from within the BCB's financial reports, on which they can base their demands.

For instance, they don't know how much the BCB earns from ICC events ($9 million in 2017-18) or from the broadcast deal. They also aren't fully aware of team sponsorship deals. It hasn't helped that the players' body, the Cricketers Welfare Association of Bangladesh (CWAB), has become largely ineffective over the years.

The influence of these senior players is also limited to their team, and not for professional cricketers throughout the country. The BCB has been paying first-class cricketers a monthly salary since 2012, but has talked about shutting that down this year. Instead, most professional cricketers rely heavily on the Dhaka Premier League (DPL), the domestic one-day competition, for income. A top cricketer can earn between $40,000 and $60,000 there.

Another source of income now is the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL). Mushfiqur, Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe, Soumya Sarkar and Sabbir Rahman are projected to earn between $62,500 and $125,000 from BPL contracts for this year's tournament (the franchises don't disclose icon players' fees). But the DPL is poorly run, often with no paperwork to back players' claims for payment, or even a proper yearly schedule. In many seasons, the DPL is delayed for months, keeping even the top players uncertain about their financial future.

In contrast, a six-man foreign coaching staff stands to earn around $1.1 million - double the total spent on player - in salaries. In the last few years, the BCB has relied on a number of foreign coaches, beginning with Chandika Hathurusingha and Heath Streak in mid-2014. They have since replaced Streak with Courtney Walsh. Coaching staff aren't paid match fees, however.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

pariah wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:06 pm
Maybe this explains the mediocrity
Well they did just beat Australia in a Test. And they got some bonuses for that and the semi-finals of the Champions Trophy. The BD players make most of their money 70% or more in the case of Shakib from BPL, DPL, and foreign T20 leagues.

But yes, they are still not as well paid as ZIM players in terms of board central contracts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)