[Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sloandog
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by sloandog » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 am

Mulder debuted yesterday and had a good outing with the pip.
Clocked up to 142Kph (88mph) at 19 years old. And apparently he's more of a batting all-rounder.
Absolutely superb to see such an exciting prospect come through like this.

Andile is purely a limited overs player due to his lack of pace. Barely touching 80mph in test cricket doesn't cut the mustard.
Would rather have a Dwayne Pretorious in the mixer
When in doubt, listen to Oasis chaps....

Zero76
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:53 am

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by Zero76 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Yeah Mulder was certainly impressive, was bowling a yard quicker than when I last saw him. Definitely a lot if raw talent to work with.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

pariah
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:27 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by pariah » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:30 pm

sloandog wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 am
Andile is purely a limited overs player due to his lack of pace. Barely touching 80mph in test cricket doesn't cut the mustard. Would rather have a Dwayne Pretorious in the mixer
Ask your friend Craig Ervine's opinion

PhehlukwayoZIM - Copy.png
PhehlukwayoZIM - Copy.png (10.4 KiB) Viewed 739 times

sloandog
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by sloandog » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 am

pariah wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:30 pm
sloandog wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 am
Andile is purely a limited overs player due to his lack of pace. Barely touching 80mph in test cricket doesn't cut the mustard. Would rather have a Dwayne Pretorious in the mixer
Ask your friend Craig Ervine's opinion


PhehlukwayoZIM - Copy.png
He's taken a fiver, brilliant...what's your point. Doesn't necessarily mean he's a born text bowler. I'm just saying, I really rate him in limited over cricket, but until he builds up more pace I can't see him being a long term test option. Not when kids like Mulder are knocking about.
When in doubt, listen to Oasis chaps....

sloandog
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by sloandog » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 am

Test bowler**
When in doubt, listen to Oasis chaps....

pariah
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:27 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by pariah » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:38 am

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8877 ... es-2017-18

Lungi Ngidi thoroughy destroying the Lions...

Lucky Bangladesh had to face Duanne Olivier. Rabada-Ngidi would've humiliated them beyond bearable proportions.
NgidiDestroysMyLions - Copy.png
NgidiDestroysMyLions - Copy.png (37.71 KiB) Viewed 727 times
Absolutely warms my heart!

Soon all of Ngidi, Rabada, Bavuma, Ramela and Phehlukwayo will be in the Test XI, and the Proteas will be even more dominant!

pariah
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:27 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by pariah » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:44 am

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 am
pariah wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:30 pm
sloandog wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 am
Andile is purely a limited overs player due to his lack of pace. Barely touching 80mph in test cricket doesn't cut the mustard. Would rather have a Dwayne Pretorious in the mixer
Ask your friend Craig Ervine's opinion


PhehlukwayoZIM - Copy.png
He's taken a fiver, brilliant...what's your point. Doesn't necessarily mean he's a born text bowler. I'm just saying, I really rate him in limited over cricket, but until he builds up more pace I can't see him being a long term test option. Not when kids like Mulder are knocking about.
Until Vernon Philander builds more pace what is he?

sloandog
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by sloandog » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:20 pm

You're actually comparing Philander to Andile? You lose so so much credibility when you say such stupid things.

Philander was a proven FC performer before he even got selected in a test match, and Philander is a couple of miles an hour quicker...oh and he moves the ball prodigiously every single over. Not to mention the fact he has a strong wrist position.

Andile's wrist is all over the place, he doesn't move the ball enough and doesn't have the pace to supplement this lack of movement.
The fact you can even utter Philander's name in the same sentence is pure buffoonery.
When in doubt, listen to Oasis chaps....

sloandog
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by sloandog » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:21 pm

pariah wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:38 am
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8877 ... es-2017-18

Lungi Ngidi thoroughy destroying the Lions...

Lucky Bangladesh had to face Duanne Olivier. Rabada-Ngidi would've humiliated them beyond bearable proportions.

NgidiDestroysMyLions - Copy.png

Absolutely warms my heart!

Soon all of Ngidi, Rabada, Bavuma, Ramela and Phehlukwayo will be in the Test XI, and the Proteas will be even more dominant!
Or perhaps a trio would have done, since Olivier is a proven FC performer and test wicket taker
When in doubt, listen to Oasis chaps....

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 6550
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Series Thread] Bangladesh in South Africa 2017

Post by jaybro » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:27 am

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:20 pm
You're actually comparing Philander to Andile? You lose so so much credibility when you say such stupid things.

Philander was a proven FC performer before he even got selected in a test match, and Philander is a couple of miles an hour quicker...oh and he moves the ball prodigiously every single over. Not to mention the fact he has a strong wrist position.

Andile's wrist is all over the place, he doesn't move the ball enough and doesn't have the pace to supplement this lack of movement.
The fact you can even utter Philander's name in the same sentence is pure buffoonery.
Don't worry about talking bowling wrist positions to Hhm the only wrist position he knows is when he's holding his ...... well you know what :D
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests