Why does Rashid Khan get so many wickets?

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Why does Rashid Khan get so many wickets?

Post by sloandog » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:09 pm

This bloke absolutely takes wickets for fun; he takes the piss out of well established batters.

What makes him so hard to face? He doesn't spin the ball much, he tends to fire them through, although his googly looks like his most dangerous delivery.

Additionally, how is this guy claiming to be so young? He looks about 35..
When in doubt, listen to Oasis chaps....

jaybro

Re: Why does Rashid Khan get so many wickets?

Post by jaybro » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:48 pm

sloandog wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:09 pm
This bloke absolutely takes wickets for fun; he takes the piss out of well established batters.

What makes him so hard to face? He doesn't spin the ball much, he tends to fire them through, although his googly looks like his most dangerous delivery.

Additionally, how is this guy claiming to be so young? He looks about 35..
I still have my concerns on how effective he would be in test matches against the top 9 teams. He has mainly played the best players in t20’s so Test cricket and ODI cricket is a lot different.

The good batsman will work him out much like they did to Ajantha Mendis
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 pm

He's probably the best wrist spinner in the world. Maybe one of the Indian Yadav's might be up there with him. You have to remember T20 is the hardest place for a wrist spinner to bowl. Yes, he could be another Tahir...great at LOI cricket but not so great in the longer version, but his first class record indicates he'd probably be a threat.

The simple fact is on a spinning track, he would probably destroy any batting lineup in the world. Quality spin on a dustbowl is probably the hardest bowling to face. My opinion at least.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed; its against the oppressor. Time is on the side of the oppressed; its against the oppressor. You don't need anything else.
[Malcolm X]

grant

Post by grant » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:16 am

His googly is extremely hard to distinguish from his legbreak. I haven't seen a single batsman who's been able to read him out of the hand. His accuracy is also very good for a wrist-spinner. Most of the wrist-spinners who are not successful in the longer format (like Tahir) don't have good accuracy. This is why I feel he'll be very successful in the long format too, especially on pitches that aid spin.