South Africa v India 2nd Test Match

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: South Africa v India 2nd Test Match

Post by tawac »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am

Yea I watched Ngidi. Flakeman mentioned he was very average and gets panned all over the place in FC cricket...
ngidi looks the part he has been causing the Indian batsman problems. SA's seam bowling future seems to be in good hands
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Ngidi certainly has a lot of promise, tall fast and bouncy. Has had more than his fair share of injury worries over the last 12 months, but there is a lot to like about him when fully fit.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Ngidi was very good wasn’t he, he’s only played 10 first class matches !!!!

I don’t mind when young FAST bowlers get picked without much stats backing them up it’s their potential that makes them special.

As the great Andy Roberts said when asked about fast bowlers “You got to pick them when they’re quick”

Ngidi, Rabada & Oliver will make a good pace attack once Morne, Dale & Vernon are done
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

HHM is laughing somewhere out there just waiting for his return to ZCF.. Ngidi looks like a real talent. Can't even hate on him.

Looking back at our own game we had absolutely no chance if they are doing this to bigger teams. We should humbly declined their invitation

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Kohli might deny it, but even Indian fans aren't buying his constantly shifting lineups. He's been captain a little over 2 years and has dropped every player on his team at least once. That is shocking. You can get away with it on doctored pitches at home, but overseas you need to figure out your best combination and back those players. If he continues in this heedless manner he won't win many games in England and won't win any in Australia. SA has offered up decent pitches, but the English and Aussies might not be as friendly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 am
HHM is laughing somewhere out there just waiting for his return to ZCF.. Ngidi looks like a real talent. Can't even hate on him.

Looking back at our own game we had absolutely no chance if they are doing this to bigger teams. We should humbly declined their invitation
He'd be laughing about the Boxing day match because his 'love child' Phelukawayo did really well but doesn't mean shit till he does it against a decent side.

We didn't really discuss Ngidi but I'm sure he would have tried to make out we were against him. As I said in a previous post I supported Nidi's selection because he's young and quick that's when you pick fast bowlers. Just like us picking Mumba, Ngarava & Blessing which him was against for some reason.

He's probably crying about Bavuma getting dropped though, that would have cut deep lol
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

MichaelVoR
Supports: Mountaineers

South Africa v India 2nd Test Match

Post by MichaelVoR »

I think Zimbabwe dont have a hope in hell of beating South Africa in todays World Cup match in New Zealand. I think Zimbabwe will lose all their matches even the one against Ireland.