Cheating Australians

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Cheating Australians

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Such hysteria over nothing.

Please. I literally have tampered with the ball every time I’ve played, or tried too. Scraped it in the cement in the change room and everything.
It really doesn’t do much. The weather and age of the ball is what matters.

Simply these three guys have been put through the ringers for being honest about it. If they denied it they may have got away with it!

What I didn’t like is all three + coach sobbing in front of tv on the 2nd and third press conference.

Man up. Pussy behaviour that was.

Honestly the hardsh judgment was for show. They should have appealed, they would have had it reduced to 6 months and been back by summer. I think that was the plan by the authorities but since the players accepted it it’s botched.

Three Test ban each is more appropriate.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:19 am

What I didn’t like is all three + coach sobbing in front of tv on the 2nd and third press conference.

Agree
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

Honestly the hardsh judgment was for show.
Disagree, once again hearsay
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The whole issue was blown out of proportion.

I guarantee you ever single team tampers with the ball. They might not bring a pick axe onto the field and hack at the ball, but using fingernails, the rough part of the pitch, maybe something hidden in a pocket. I bet every team does it, especially when the going gets tough. A bigger issue was prolly Smith cheating during the India series by looking up at the dugout and then going for a review. Even then, I bet a lot of people do that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

yes to Kriterions last post and Jaybro, fair to disagree.

My read of the situation was that OZ wanted to appear tough and be heavy handed but when the fire died down reduce the penalty so they are back for summer.
harsh reality with AFL and NRL season in the winter no one really cares about cricket between April and October. Those two sports have more intense following and cricket has no marketability during those times. Perfect to sit out a suspension.

When the three chose not to contest it, i got curious, but now i realise cricket australia can reduce it should they see fit.

watch a third party plea the case and suspensions reduce. Too much $$$ not too.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Such hysteria over nothing.

Please. I literally have tampered with the ball every time I’ve played, or tried too. Scraped it in the cement in the change room and everything.
It really doesn’t do much. The weather and age of the ball is what matters.

Simply these three guys have been put through the ringers for being honest about it. If they denied it they may have got away with it!

Honestly the hardsh judgment was for show. They should have appealed, they would have had it reduced to 6 months and been back by summer. I think that was the plan by the authorities but since the players accepted it it’s botched.

Three Test ban each is more appropriate.
An Australian taking cheating lightly, no surprised there.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:51 pm

An Australian taking cheating lightly, no surprised there.
Most if not all teams have tampered with the ball. Sandpaper or a couch candy, the intent is the same. Guys like Dravid and Tendulkar weren't banned for a whole year.

A 1 month ban with no pay + a $100,000 fine would have been sufficient to deter anyone from doing it again. And new ICC regulations.

MichaelVoR
Supports: Mountaineers

Cheating Australians

Post by MichaelVoR »

All respect now gone for a former great player turned cheat. Absolutely gutted losing out to the biggest act of cheating on a football field to go unpunished since the 86 World Cup. A good holiday ruined next summer. I am going to have to spend it with the wife now

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Now Chandimal gets caught ball tampering and the SLC won't take any punitive action against him. Really puts the CA's bans on Smith and Warner in perspective. I think a 6 month ban for both should have been more than enough. At least they won't miss the world cup.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Sri Lanka Cricket loves to live in denial