Cheating Australians

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Cheating Australians

Post by sloandog »

As well as this, that crowd member who gave Warner a send off his my hero. What a top Banana he was, walking up the steps with him as well :lol:

I watched that live and was shouting at the TV 'Gwaarn lad, tell him his hair is shit too!' :lol:

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:58 am
The thing that gives me the shits is everyone running in laying the boot into us Aussies when every other country just about has been caught doing the same.

What pisses me off more is that Smith,Warner & Bancroft gave the rest of the world the opportunity to do so

Look at the way the Australian people have reacted to this, we've been more scathing than anyone, compare this to how South Africa reacted when Faf and Vernon got caught twice !!!!!
jaybro wrote:Considering the ICC only banned Smith for 1 Test and fined Bancroft ( no sanction for Warner ) this shows how Australia is the only country in the world who takes this shit serous
I find the outcry in Australia hilarious tbh, and it smacks of the same hypocrisy the Australian cricket team has been guilty of with their holier than thou attitude which badly masks their bully in the playground behaviour which has been part of the Australian cricket DNA for longer than I follow cricket. I don't know in which parallel universe the Australian public watches their cricket -- and I won't deny that some great sportsmen have played for OZ even recently -- but the assumption that the rest of the cricket world are either dirty cheats or not man enough to stand up to the highest Australian standards of morality and virility is laughable. It's probably the same parallel universe in which it is okay and manly and matey to shower the opposition seven hours a day with bollocking, but cry foul when the baggy greens get a bit of payback abroad.

The bans are harsh, I agree -- but more than anything they serve to keep up appearances. The culprits have been identified and sanctioned and Australia can go on pretending that no one else plays cricket in the right spirit. The second quote, jaybro, suggest to me that you are already riding on that bandwagon.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The Australian cricket team has a terrible culture and the Australian public largely condones it all - just look at how poorly the crowds behave in Australia. There is also no comparison between this ball-tampering saga and the inconclusive Faf du Plessis incidents.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

eugene wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:34 pm
There is also no comparison between this ball-tampering saga and the inconclusive Faf du Plessis incidents.
Absolutely. This is the skipper of the team sanctioning the act (most likely at the behest of Warner, getting bought into the idea unfortunately - I have a bit of a sympathy for Smith if it happened that way but he had no reason to opt in) and using the most inexperienced member of the side for the dirty deeds knowing that he may not have the courage to say no. This is as bad as what Cronje did with his teammates, Salman Butt with his team.

Faf's last incident was good in the sense that when he challenged it, he asked the right questions and wanted more clarity to be spelt out. ICC never took it seriously even then. In that sense, Faf actually got a good debate going about what is in and what is not. ICC were unfortunately busy minting money.

These fools on the other hand had the audacity to lie about the material used too, not once, but twice, both times in public :)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:29 am

You’re all having a good time laying the boot in but today I’m proud to be an Australian no other country would drop their best two players for a year.
Bangladesh banned Shakib for 6 months just for grabbing his balls on camera in 2014.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
The Australian cricket team has a terrible culture and the Australian public largely condones it all - just look at how poorly the crowds behave in Australia. There is also no comparison between this ball-tampering saga and the inconclusive Faf du Plessis incidents.
How much more proof do you need Eugene ??

You've got two eyes and brain it's clear as day Faf was sticking his finger to the back of his mouth to touch the mint !!!! What other player in the world sticks their dirty finger in their mouth to get spit to rub on the ball ????

The other case he is CLEARLY rubbing the ball on his zipper but yeah I guess that's inconclusive :shock: :shock: :shock:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:16 pm
This is as bad as what Cronje did with his teammates, Salman Butt with his team.
Please are you serious ???? See this what Im talking about laying the boot in, Now ball tampering is as bad as match fixing

Although for ball tampering you get suspended for 1 match and match is life suspension

But yeah i guess it's just as bad

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:16 pm

I find the outcry in Australia hilarious tbh, and it smacks of the same hypocrisy the Australian cricket team has been guilty of with their holier than thou attitude which badly masks their bully in the playground behaviour which has been part of the Australian cricket DNA for longer than I follow cricket. I don't know in which parallel universe the Australian public watches their cricket -- and I won't deny that some great sportsmen have played for OZ even recently -- but the assumption that the rest of the cricket world are either dirty cheats or not man enough to stand up to the highest Australian standards of morality and virility is laughable. It's probably the same parallel universe in which it is okay and manly and matey to shower the opposition seven hours a day with bollocking, but cry foul when the baggy greens get a bit of payback abroad.

The bans are harsh, I agree -- but more than anything they serve to keep up appearances. The culprits have been identified and sanctioned and Australia can go on pretending that no one else plays cricket in the right spirit. The second quote, jaybro, suggest to me that you are already riding on that bandwagon.
Plenty of assumptions there FF

There is no doubt the Aussie cricket team are a bunch of cry babies and sooks and yes the they carry the 'Holier than thou attitude' but no one in Australia is denying that and the current team is on the nose big time even before this tour, so you're wrong about claiming us Australian fans are delusional, we know the score we know Warner and Smith are dickheads

I will still argue the punishments are UNPRECEDENTED and no other country would have done this, the ICC only wanted to suspend Smith for 1 match FFS and we banned him from all cricket for a year !!!!

Pakistan have let Amir back for match fixing !!!! In Autsralia anyone caught fixing and sporting games get life bans no question, we had a few NRL players banned for life a couple years back.

Also the argument that the Aussie ball tampering was worse because it was 'premeditated' is as you would say FF 'laughable' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think Faf just decided on the field 'Hey i might stick this mint in my mouth on the ball' or 'Hey I'll use this zipper on my pocket to rough the ball' ??? C'mon who's in denial now ???

Let me remind you the great Rahul Dravid was caught clear as day putting a lolly on the ball and he didn't even miss a match !!!!!!

You are all letting your hatred for the Australian players cloud your judgement claiming what they did was any worse than what has been done before

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
I have a feeling everyone is engaged in some form of ball tampering. It just so happens these guys were dumb (or arrogant) enough to get caught. Nowdays guys are reversing the ball at 15 overs old. I'm calling bulllshit on that.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:27 pm

Let me remind you the great Rahul Dravid was caught clear as day putting a lolly on the ball and he didn't even miss a match !!!!!!

Dravid was tampering with a ball too? Got any links or sources. If a gentleman like him is doing it, you know everyone is.