Who plays Cricket ??

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Who plays Cricket ??

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well, here's my cricketing past: Used to play during school days, which is more than a decade ago now ;)

Used to be a "medium pacer who could bat a bit" turned "number 3 batsman who could bowl a bit" turned "leggie who batted in middle order".

Used to be quite decent in technique, so school mates had nicknamed me "Dravid" (which actually meant I was slow compared to others in the team who used to clobber everything that came at them), but got more drawn towards the magic of legspin, thanks to watching a lot of Kumble and Paul Strang.

Some memorable moments:

1. Opened and carried the bat once, the team got bowled out for 33 :(. I was not out on 23.
2. Took 3 wickets in an over with medium pace.
3. Hit 3 sixes in a row while batting and took a stunner of a return catch ( :) ) while bowling legspin in the same match.

Memories...

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I only ever used to play socially but my bowling generally resembled that of the former New Zealand player Chris Harris - (dibbly dobbly's as we called it in New Zealand). My batting however was completely different - I tended to try and bat like Shahid Afridi and smash every delivery for six. I would normally get out for hitting the ball over the fence and losing it. My favourite fielding position was whwerever the batsmen could hear my sledging the best.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:I only ever used to play socially but my bowling generally resembled that of the former New Zealand player Chris Harris - (dibbly dobbly's as we called it in New Zealand). My batting however was completely different - I tended to try and bat like Shahid Afridi and smash every delivery for six. I would normally get out for hitting the ball over the fence and losing it. My favourite fielding position was whwerever the batsmen could hear my sledging the best.
We could do with you in our team :lol:

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

i played a bit for Plumtree school in Zimbabwe and since coming over to england have joined a club and am playing regualry.

Im a leg spinner and model my action of Greame Cremer, my batting on the other hand could be described as Ed Rainsford esc

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

zimfan1 wrote:i played a bit for Plumtree school in Zimbabwe and since coming over to england have joined a club and am playing regualry.

Im a leg spinner and model my action of Greame Cremer, my batting on the other hand could be described as Ed Rainsford esc

:lol: I tried to bowl leg spin at one point. And i modelled my action on Paul Strang. Its a complex art to master i must say 8-)