Australia slip to 34-year low in ODI rankings

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Australia slip to 34-year low in ODI rankings

Post by eugene »

Australia down to sixth! Perhaps we will be seeing them in the CWC Qualifiers next time around?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... i-rankings
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Australia slip to 34-year low in ODI rankings

Post by Jemisi »

Harsh but fair :(

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Mark my words, if Australia drops to 9th in the rankings the Qualifiers will be ditched and the format changed. The ICC lack any credibility with their plans because they are always so clearly tailored towards India, England, and Australia. This is an organisation that changed the format of the CWC because India and Pakistan got knocked out early in 2007 which in my opinion had the best format of all.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:54 pm
Mark my words, if Australia drops to 9th in the rankings the Qualifiers will be ditched and the format changed. The ICC lack any credibility with their plans because they are always so clearly tailored towards India, England, and Australia. This is an organisation that changed the format of the CWC because India and Pakistan got knocked out early in 2007 which in my opinion had the best format of all.
The 10 team WC is essentially the same as the 2007. Instead of having a Super 8, they are skipping the first round and going straight for a super 10.

The ODI league will essentially be a 2 year group stage where all 13 teams will atempt to finish in the top 8 and go into the Super 10 stage. The remaining 5 teams will have 1 more crack at the Super 8s. Frankly I like this quite a bit. As a Bangladesh fan we could easily be playing the 2022 Qualifiers. But under the current system, both BD and SL have such a lead in the ODI rankings over AFG and WI, that they'd walk into the 8 automatic berths.

A 15 team league would be better with Nepal and Scotland. Could even have 20 teams in the near future with the likes of PNG, HK, Canada, USA (if they ever get going).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

American cricket is dead.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

This is America, don't catch you slippin up
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Australia are really poor in ODIs

Interesting stat on the tv coverage. Australia worse than Zim :)
Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 11.25.24 pm.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 11.25.24 pm.jpg (356.39 KiB) Viewed 4543 times

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

What a run chase today by Ashton Turner... Australia are peaking at the right time, even without Smith and Warner.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Much to the displeasure of the forum the Aussies are indeed getting the pieces together for a genuine tilt at the WC

Really hope they do win it would be to gloat considering nobody seems to rate them nor like them 😅
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement