Namibia wins

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Namibia wins

Post by andy24 »

Namibia beat Netherlands Quite easily. i wonder how far they are off for ODI status.
Another thing Burger is a very popular name surname for Namibian cricketers. what is that a record for the most people with the same surname in the one side

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Namibia wins

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I think Namibia are a long way off ODI status. Besides Ryan ten Doeschate and Bas Zuiderent, Netherlands are a very weak side.

And yeah, there's so many Burger's. And a couple of Kotze's too.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Besides Ryan ten Doeschate and Bas Zuiderent, Netherlands are a very weak side.
And yet they have ODI status.

Bermuda are certainly losing their ODI status at the next World Cup Qualifiers, and I think Netherlands are on shaky ground as well. All Namibia need to do is finish in the top 6 of a 12-team tourney and they're there - I think they'll do it, if their form in the Intercontinental Cup is any indicator. The experience they've been getting from playing in the SAA Provincials isn't harming their chances, either.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

I did hear that there are some young players coming through to join the Burgers, the best are rumoured to be the McDonalds, Wimpey and somebody called Burger-King 8-)

I wouldn't like to argue that much brm, but Baz Zuiderant is much more style than substance. He had his chances, not regularly I admit, but never looked like making the grade at Sussex in either 1st class or List A, especially considering that we had a pretty poor side when he was on the books. With the players we have now he wouldn't have even made the 2nd XI.

Ryan ten Doeschate is a different kettle of fish, when he's hot he is a top class all rounder, any chance he has a Zimbabwean passport anywhere at home :?:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Train Driver wrote:I wouldn't like to argue that much brm, but Baz Zuiderant is much more style than substance. He had his chances, not regularly I admit, but never looked like making the grade at Sussex in either 1st class or List A, especially considering that we had a pretty poor side when he was on the books. With the players we have now he wouldn't have even made the 2nd XI.
Bas is currently on 149 not out after making 77 in the first innings against UAE 8-)
But of course, it is UAE we are talking about.

ten Doeschate made 146, but of course, that's about what he averages in the Intercontinental Cup. He and Steve Tikolo deserve to play Test cricket. Personally, when the World XI played Australia I think Tikolo was hard pressed not to get a spot. There were some saying that there would have been no arguments if Taibu had been selected, so why not Tikolo?