KW

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

KW

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Over the last couple of years, I have become a big admirer of Kane Williamson. Classy batsman, astute leader and a gem of a role model on and off the field. Such a relief in the era of in-your-face aggression of Kohli and the likes. I thought Sanga was the last such classy batting legend we would see, but KW's a great character to follow that up.

Is it even possible that he could have any haters at all?

Another great series against Pak away from home both as batsman and captain. I also wanted to create what is possibly the thread with the shortest title :)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: KW

Post by sloandog »

He's pure class isn't he. A very very different kind of batter compared to Steve Smith and Kohli. I love that he goes about his business in his own orthodox manner, not trying to compete with the flashiness of Ross Taylor or the guys around him. Root is a decent mirror for Williamson, both similar batters and have evolved dramatically over the past 2 years in ODI cricket especially.

One player to look out for is a kid called Hamza from SA. Shiiiiiiit this kid is going to be special. Him and Aiden Markram opening the batting in test cricket is going to be spicy

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Hard to hate any player or anything coming out of the Black Caps setup, so many of my favourite players in the past have come from there.

I’d love for Zimbabwe to bottle the recipe they black caps have and use it in their cricket, love the way they go about things.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Love the bloke. Hope he goes from strength to strength.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Guy has no flaws in his game. I have long rated him as the 2nd best batsman in the game after Steve Smith. Perfect and most balanced batsmen out there. I rate him higher than Kohli and Root, although Kohli has been in sick form the past couple of years. Definitely my favorite player, and I don't have many outside Bangladesh.

And people have forgot to mention his fielding. I think he's one of the most athletic fielders in the history of the game. The catches he's pulled off at gully/point are often mind boggling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)