WCL Div 2 in Namibia

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: WCL Div 2 in Namibia

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:47 pm

Hong Kong are the big disappointments again as they finish bottom and lose ODI status, hard to believe when you consider that they beat Afghanistan at the CWCQ last year and if had beaten Nepal they would have secured not only ODI Status but a spot in the super 6s.
I think everyone beat Afghanistan at the WCQs last year. They were 1-3 in the group stage I believe and only make the Super 6s on the back of someone else's win. But they rectified that by running through the Super 6 stage undefeated. Just shows the Afghans blow hot and cold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

franco vazquez wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 am
Williams deserved to play ODI cricket and not to forget Van Schoor.
Yeah I good time to remember Raymond Van Schoor, no doubt he would have been in this side
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Great stuff Namibia winning the WCL2 in their own back yard, as we’ve all said great to see them gain ODI status which hopefully will lead to plenty of matches against Zimbabwe

I don’t know too much about Namibia the country, what’s their economic and political situation compared to the likes of Zimbabwe and South Africa who are both in turmoil ??

Are Namibia a genuine chance to grow as a cricketing nation?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

I think cricket in Namibia is white people sport at least by looking at their team. In order to grow cricket in any country other than Asians, ICC has to help them but ICC is not really interested in that it seems. WC is a pinnacle of cricket yet there are only 10 teams in that, how will people get behind their country if they would have hardly ever their team in WC, They would believe that their team is shit