Jaque Kallis: 11 000 Test Runs!

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
betterdays
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Jaque Kallis: 11 000 Test Runs!

Post by betterdays »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:I'm almost certain that in a game in the late 90's between Australia and South Africa I saw Kallis bowling leg spin. Am I imagining this or was there indeed a point in his career where he did bowl some spin?
I'm not sure about spin but I don't think I can recall him bowling better swing than in the 1999 WC ... always vaguely wondered if the first game between Oz and SA would have been differnt had he played (hardly matters and I don't lose sleep - I just remember he was bowling SO beautifully in that tourny and then had a family emergency just before the 1st game between). He made it back for the semis and if i recall had best bowling Econ Rate (maybe got a couple?) and top scored. good player!!

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

betterdays wrote:
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:I'm almost certain that in a game in the late 90's between Australia and South Africa I saw Kallis bowling leg spin. Am I imagining this or was there indeed a point in his career where he did bowl some spin?
I'm not sure about spin but I don't think I can recall him bowling better swing than in the 1999 WC ... always vaguely wondered if the first game between Oz and SA would have been differnt had he played (hardly matters and I don't lose sleep - I just remember he was bowling SO beautifully in that tourny and then had a family emergency just before the 1st game between). He made it back for the semis and if i recall had best bowling Econ Rate (maybe got a couple?) and top scored. good player!!

Does anyone remember the game against New Zeland in the 99 CWC ? :shock: That was a fiery spell to say the least!

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

I've got to say Kallis is a bit of an engima. He has the record to be regarded as the greatest all-rounder since Sobers, yet he is not given nearly that much credit by other cricketers of his generation. His peers just don't seem to rate him for some reason. I don't know if that is fair or not.

jacob622

Post by jacob622 »

bayhaus wrote:kallis becomes the 6th Batsmen to reach 11 000 runs but is the only one to do it without ever scoring a double century.
kallis always playing for a team and not for himself this is the one reason that he achieve 11,000 without scoring 200 runs !!!
Mod edit: advertising removed.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

Kallis always plays for the team and not himself? Have not read that sentiment before.