West Indies in Bangladesh 2021

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: West Indies in Bangladesh 2021

Post by sam_ahm »

Bangladesh have looked a bit off color in the last couple of years or I'd say after the World Cup, not taking credit away from. West Indies, of course they played brilliantly, but I have to say Bangladesh were not very good in this series as they usually are at home.

They have beaten the likes of England and Australia on home tracks.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:09 am
Good summary, I still think Shanto will be a failure at first drop, especially if they keep persisting with him in the early parts of his career. He'd be better suited down at 5 or 6 for now, I'd be making him and Mushy swap
Mushy batting at 3 would have the added benefit of breaking the chain of 4 consecutive lefties at 1-4. However, Mushy seems reluctant to bat in the top 4. That would be the only black spot on his career for me. He's always preferred to hide down at 5 or lower. We really needed Mushy batting at 3 or 4 around 2010. But I think he's OK at 5 now with Mominul at 4, and Shanto the incumbent #3. I actually fully support the BCB putting Shanto at #3 in Tests and ODIs and it seems they want him to take a leadership role. Good proactivity because the Big 3 of Tamim, Shakib, Mushy won't be around forever (I hope Tamim and Mushy can still bat on in Tests for at least another 5-6 years given their work ethic and fitness). Shakib I suspect will call it quits very soon, at least from Tests, as he practically lives in the US now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Point #6 from my previous 5-point "plan":

BD team needs to play intra-squad red ball games (3 or 4 dayers) before a potential Test series vs Sri Lanka in April. All they did was play a couple of white ball tournaments before the WI series. Could learn a thing or two from ZC on how to arrange a red ball practice game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)