Bangladesh 58 all out

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Bangladesh 58 all out

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Nevet thought this thread will go this far. After 2-0 up, Bangladeshi's repeated the same old story to make it 2-2 with crushing losses. 13/5 at home ground is pathetic. Zim also were 17/5 against India in 1983 but they put spirited performance and lost by just 30plus.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Well revenge for 58 all out, 13-5, etc has been exacted with a series win considering:
a) we were without our best batsman
b) we were without our best bowler
c) 4 out of every 5 wrong umpiring decisions went against us, many from the local BD umpires
d) even our crushing losses (4 wickets and 75 runs) weren't as crushed as the ones we inflicted on WI (7 wickets and 160 runs) on benign flat tracks in Khulna. The Dhaka wickets had a lot more for the bowlers, spin and pace.

I don't think India on current form would be able to pull this off against Zimbabwe and vice versa!
Last edited by Kriterion_BD on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene

Post by eugene »

A great series victory for Bangladesh, I am very happy for them. Bangladesh certainly have no shortage of talented players, where it struggles is getting them to be consistent - e.g. Mohammad Ashraful. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bangladesh win the World Cup in 20 years, if Sri Lanka can manage it there is no reason Bangladesh can't.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:A great series victory for Bangladesh, I am very happy for them. Bangladesh certainly have no shortage of talented players, where it struggles is getting them to be consistent - e.g. Mohammad Ashraful. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bangladesh win the World Cup in 20 years, if Sri Lanka can manage it there is no reason Bangladesh can't.
Thanks Eugene. Zimbabwe will get there too once Mugabe's regime is finished. BD-ZIM final in 2030???

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

We're on the verge of putting up 600 in the fortress of Sri Lanka. I think its fair to say a new dawn has arrived under the captaincy of Mushfiqur Rahim.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

The heroics deserve a better thread.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

syedmahm

Post by syedmahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:We're on the verge of putting up 600 in the fortress of Sri Lanka. I think its fair to say a new dawn has arrived under the captaincy of Mushfiqur Rahim.
Agreed. And it's hard to believe that 3 best batsmen are not in the team. You know I am talking about Tamim, Shakib and Naim. Bangladesh have been showing improvement for last one and a half year. Last year in ODI, for the first time Bangladesh won more games against the top teams than lost. I think the team now hungrier than ever. With the number of quality youngsters in the pipeline, the amount of money pouring in, last but not the least the latest addition of the BCL (Bangladesh Cricket League), it must produce the result. Good to see, even the overseas series are now sponsored by Bangladeshi businesses on a regular basis.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:The heroics deserve a better thread.
Yep. Congrats to BD for the first double ton. And a draw.

syedmahm

Post by syedmahm »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:The heroics deserve a better thread.
Absolutely! Why not go ahead and open up one to congratulate them. I think you were the one who have opened up this thread when BD were all out for 58! Why not showing some respect when it's due?