Bangladesh 58 all out

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: Bangladesh 58 all out

Post by Kriterion_BD »

frankly this was humiliating.

that being said, yes the better sides are in the QFs...but would that be different if the WI had beaten England and Bangladesh still qualifed by being bundled out for 78 and losing by 206?

So it was theoretically possible - and in reality only avoided by a superb choke from the WI - that this exact same team could have qualified for the QFs. I think I'll choose to play it safe by setting the sour grapes on the table, and argue that all ODI series up to the next world cup will be a better indicator of where Bangladesh stands relative to everyone else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Kriterion_BD wrote:frankly this was humiliating.

that being said, yes the better sides are in the QFs...but would that be different if the WI had beaten England and Bangladesh still qualifed by being bundled out for 78 and losing by 206?

So it was theoretically possible - and in reality only avoided by a superb choke from the WI - that this exact same team could have qualified for the QFs. I think I'll choose to play it safe by setting the sour grapes on the table, and argue that all ODI series up to the next world cup will be a better indicator of where Bangladesh stands relative to everyone else.
It happens in cricket and i can very well understand your emotions as we are from subcontinent. Most of my lives i have seen Zimbabwe involved in thumping defeats but the sporadic successes and the passion is what keeps me on my toes. All the best
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

syedmahm

Post by syedmahm »

World cup is not the end of the world. It's too bad that Bangladesh's campaign is over a little earlier than expected. Also, I am equally disappointed for the humiliating defeats, but I truly believe that Bangladesh will come back from here very soon.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The world cup is not important if you don't do well or fail to meet expectations. As such, its important for Bangladesh and her fans to simply forget about it and move on. If they can continue to make strides in Test cricket and in ODI series to come, it can be said that either the world cup was a fluke performance or that Bangladesh simply caved into the pressure.

Overall, it was highly disappointing, although WI got in with the same number of points and with wins of lesser quality opposition (didn't beat any other QF teams).

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Zimbabwe finished fifth in its group with a run-rate of +0.030 to be the only team not to qualify for the quarterfinals that had a positive scoring rate, a fact pointed out by Coltart
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Revenge of sorts taken today...helps to ease some bitter memories.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

BD have bounced back a bit and are doing well on Day one of the test. See if they can keep it up.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The curse continues...58, 78, 91....three double digit scores in 2011 alone. I hope 2012 is a better year, but before that, I hope the Test series against Pakistan, displays at least as much fight from BD as what ZIM showed.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yeah three double digit scores is starting to look like oldBD and not a fluke.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I think Bangladesh has made another firm step towards shedding the perennial "minnow" tag.