Hong Kong Sixes

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Hong Kong Sixes

Post by eugene »

One of my favourite events of the cricketing calendar is back. Live link here http://www.cricstreaming.com/channel-2.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Hong Kong Sixes

Post by Flower power »

What is the criteria for participation of this tournerment

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Flower power wrote:What is the criteria for participation of this tournerment
A pulse.

In all seriousness, I do enjoy watching the Hong Kong Sixes for the entertainment - a bit like the four X beach cricket series they played in Australia a few years ago. I walked past the Kowloon ground a couple of years ago, it really is tiny and the perfect venue for any event where run rates of over 20 an over are required. The TV coverage is awful in Australia though, Fox Sports will probably air it a few months after the event like they normally do.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

:lol:

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Flower power wrote:What is the criteria for participation of this tournerment

National teams are invited to play by the Hong Kong Cricket Association. You can actually watch full replays of the tournament on youtube. If you want links send me a message. I don't think Zimbabwe has ever participated although some Zimbabweans may have represented All-Star teams which they include occasionally (including this year). There were some good players in the this years tournament - Lou Vincent, Shahid Afridi, Sanath Jayasuriya, Jacob Oram, Ryan ten Doeschate, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Akmal, etc.,.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes