Kenya v Ireland (Intercontinental Cup)

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Kenya v Ireland (Intercontinental Cup)

Post by maehara »

This is relevant as it's the warm-up for the tri-series - and Ireland are in worryingly good / frankly amazing form (depending on whether I have my Zim fan or Ireland fan hat on at the time!):
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/icccont2 ... 25566.html

A lot riding on this match - Ireland are defending Intercontinental Cup champions, and need maximum points from the match to secure their place in the final against Namibia; Kenya can also reach the final with I believe a 1st-innings lead. I know who my money would be on at the moment...

maehara
Administrator

Re: Kenya v Ireland (Intercontinental Cup)

Post by maehara »

Day Three Stumps: Ireland 578/4d, Kenya 186 & 146/2 (41.0 ov)

Bit of a Kenyan fightback going on, but with them still 246 runs short of Ireland's total, I can't see them winning...

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Kenya are 246 behind the first innings total... Ireland still have another innings remember. So Kenya are gone. The best they could do is draw by batting out the day I imagine.

Their best batsman is at the crease in Tikolo. S. Waters seems to be batting well too.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Ireland still have another innings remember.
Hadn't forgotten that - but Ireland have a few spectacular cock-ups to their name as well (including on this tour), so I'm not counting any chickens. :)
S. Waters seems to be batting well too.
It's Waters' first-class debut - making his name as one to watch here, I think. He'd apparently been in very poor club form before being selected - Cricket Kenya were taking a punt on him, looks like it's paid off this time.