Indoor 'last man standing'

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
betterdays
Supports: Southern Rocks

Indoor 'last man standing'

Post by betterdays »

Please, for those who have played indoors, can you let me know what you think are the flaws in this design:

unless otherwise stated, the rules are as per T20

- between 5 and 7 per side

- 5 ball overs

- between 15 and 17 overs per innings (depending on the size of the side).

- all the usual ways of getting out (keeper a possibility vs spinners, for stumpings - team's discretion); there will be a large rectangle, taking into account a wicket keeper and first slip's catching span, marked on the wall and behind the facing-batsman's stumps and anything snicked that hits the wall within the rectangle is out (if the ump gives the snick obvioulsy).

- there will be one ump [unless singles are easier than i imagine and run outs become a posibility, or a wicketkeeper is in place - then we can have a second ump]

- the last man bats alone and cannot take singles (but doesn't have to run either)

- 4s hit the wall

- 6s hit wall on the full (except in the rectangle behind the stumps)

- retire on 30 ... (retirees can come back into the batting lineup ~ at the bottom obviously...)

the slightly tricky part (considering the dearth of singles), facing different bowlers:
the #1 bat faces the first 3 balls (if no singles - i just see too few being scored) then they swap for the next 5 balls ... and every 5 balls after that. If a single is taken, then the five ball count restarts after the single. if the single is taken off the final ball of an over then the whole count series starts again: ie a 3 ball count begins and straight back to the 5 ball count after that.

Ump hold scores in book while umping, and calls scores at end of every over ... and after every ball in the last over.

essentially this game cuts 13 overs off a T20 match so should be done in a couple of hours

Jemisi

Re: Indoor 'last man standing'

Post by Jemisi »

I'm a bit confused. What is the intention behind changing the indoor rules?

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

Jemisi wrote:I'm a bit confused. What is the intention behind changing the indoor rules?
:oops: i didn't know there were any :) I have an indoor arena for 4 hours every week for quite a few weeks and was trying to think how to get games going. maybe i should look them up them rules, eh?

I quite liked my rules too

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

Jemisi wrote:What is the intention behind changing the indoor rules?
As i said, i had not intention. However, having looked at the rules I do now ... and the reason: becasue the actual ones are insufficient :)

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

No worries, I was just missing the tone - but if you didn't know they existed then that explains it.

ahashmi248

Post by ahashmi248 »

who will explain it?