Sri Lanka Tour Of Bangladesh 2022 [ 2 Test ]

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
slcricfan1

Re: Sri Lanka Tour Of Bangladesh 2022 [ 2 Test ]

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 5:52 am
Ramesh Mendis can do well against SENA countries but he does'nt have the talent to trouble asian batters. Sri Lanka have to think of Maheesh Theekshana or Hasaranga in future in test matches
Leggies do not work in test. Did you not remember what happened to Ajantha mendis in test. Ramesh will improve I reckon. He was primarily a. batter who had some success with the ball as shown by his numbers. He`s in the midst of transforming his action right now

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Match looks evenly poised.

If Bangladesh wants to win this Test and the series they will have to take at least 5 wickets tomorrow and look to wrap the tail up as early as possible on Day 4. That will mean SL will have a marginal lead, and Bangladesh would have to bat well for about 3 sessions to give them 75-80 overs on Day 5 to force a result.

But bravo to Mushfiq and Liton. Ebadat and the bowlers will need to be disciplined tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:16 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Ramesh Mendis can do well against SENA countries but he does'nt have the talent to trouble asian batters. Sri Lanka have to think of Maheesh Theekshana or Hasaranga in future in test matches
Leggies do not work in test. Did you not remember what happened to Ajantha mendis in test. Ramesh will improve I reckon. He was primarily a. batter who had some success with the ball as shown by his numbers. He`s in the midst of transforming his action right now
I think Mendis wasn't a leggie. He was a spinner with lots of variation and had a guranteed wicket taking option of carrom ball around 2008-09, but later his magic become predictable. Ramesh needs to develop variations to get success in test cricket. He is more like Dilruwan Perera, but Perera had variations beside off spin, that worked in test cricket and he became automatic choice

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:59 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:16 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
I think Mendis wasn't a leggie. He was a spinner with lots of variation and had a guranteed wicket taking option of carrom ball around 2008-09, but later his magic become predictable. Ramesh needs to develop variations to get success in test cricket. He is more like Dilruwan Perera, but Perera had variations beside off spin, that worked in test cricket and he became automatic choice
When I said leggies do not work, I meant in regards to Hasarnaga. HE isn't consistent enough. You can see by his prior tests and his first class averages. Theeekshana is like Ajantha but not as good. He does not turn it much and darts it in. Not ideal for test cricket. Ramesh mendis was a bits and pieces bowler who is fixing his action now.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:59 pm
Match looks evenly poised.

If Bangladesh wants to win this Test and the series they will have to take at least 5 wickets tomorrow and look to wrap the tail up as early as possible on Day 4. That will mean SL will have a marginal lead, and Bangladesh would have to bat well for about 3 sessions to give them 75-80 overs on Day 5 to force a result.

But bravo to Mushfiq and Liton. Ebadat and the bowlers will need to be disciplined tomorrow.
Bloody hell. Looks like the test series will end up drawn with all this rain. Wouldve loved to see a result. Some good test cricket. I think SL will be happier if it does turn out a draw

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

One of the best knocks there by Mushfiqur and Litton in the first innings. The series might well end in a draw, I agree. All of a sudden we have started to witness a lot of drawn tests. Pak - Aus 2 tests drawn, Eng-WI 2 tests drawn and now SLN-Ban...

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Wow! Srilanka on course to win the series unless Mushfiq and Litton do it all over again! With some help from Shakib. It looks all too difficult for Bangladesh atm.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Disgusting top order batting from BD once again. How they cannot bat in home conditions is just unfathomable to me.

Fernando and Rajitha have bowled well, but they are hardly world class yet...Tamim and Shakib and Mominul have too much experience to fail like this repeatedly.

I will say though, these 2 SL seamers are certainly exciting and will allow them to move past the likes Lahiru Kumara and Dushmantha Chameera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:13 pm
Disgusting top order batting from BD once again. How they cannot bat in home conditions is just unfathomable to me.

Fernando and Rajitha have bowled well, but they are hardly world class yet...Tamim and Shakib and Mominul have too much experience to fail like this repeatedly.

I will say though, these 2 SL seamers are certainly exciting and will allow them to move past the likes Lahiru Kumara and Dushmantha Chameera.
might be mishearing but are the bangali players saying aiyo when fielding?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Shakib plays well in such situations, he likes to counter attack and that's what he has done so far. Bangladesh need a session now without losing more than 1 wicket.

Litton is in the form of his life.