2023 Continent Cup T20 Africa

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

2023 Continent Cup T20 Africa

Post by eugene »

This tournament hosted by Kenya interested me, and every game was broadcast on Willow TV here in the United States so it provided a good opportunity to see teams I don't usually get to watch. Uganda defeated Kenya in the final by 1 run. Other participating teams were Bostwana and Rwanda. The crowds at the Nairobi Gymkhana were decent and perhaps we are seeing some signs of life in Kenyan cricket again? They even had a few younger guys in the squad such as Sachin Bhudia and Vraj Patel, although the nucleus is still the usual suspects of Rakep Patel, Shem Ngoche, Alex Obanda, Collins Obuya, Nelson Odhiambo, and Lucas Oluoch.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: 2023 Continent Cup T20 Africa

Post by Jemisi »

Yeah I followed the scores a bit. Can't tell whether these third tier countries are improving or just finding their own level.

Botswana managed to beat Kenya and Rwanda. Uganda seems to be edging up towards the top 20