NZ v BD

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

NZ v BD

Post by jaybro »

Does anyone else think the Bangas can knock off the Kiwis .....

Hopefully they don't as I think they would leap Zimbabwe into 9th ....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: NZ v BD

Post by foreignfield »

Sam Edwards: "In Seinfeldian fashion, I would like to ask what's the deal with "Test status"? If Ireland and afghanistan play a competitive five-day match, why shouldn't it be called a Test match?What's the deal with this inherent class-structure in cricket? The last time I looked, in any other sport, a match between Brazil and Spain is accorded the same status as a match between Nigeria and Vanuatu. Why should cricket be any different? Why does cricket feel that the 10 members are 'special'?"
The same discussions pop up whenever BD or Zim play a Test. But a top post imo over on Cricinfo by our forumite samedwards (I presume).

It will be interesting to see whether NZ have found an heir apparent to Dan Vettori. Sodhi may have promise but a FC bowling average above 50 suggests he needs a lot more time in domestic cricket.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Even a 2-0 win over NZ puts us 27 points, 7 points behind ZIM at 34. I think 1 win puts us at 18 points.

I think we have a shot at winning this one, but NZ will likely play for the draw here when they bat. So it comes down to us having to win in Dhaka and then hope to knock of Sri Lanka in one of the matches in February. Only then will we cross ZIM.

Unless of course we get a win here and then get you guys 2-0 next year :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Well BD did well and managed a draw, how many points does that give them?

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Jemisi wrote:Well BD did well and managed a draw, how many points does that give them?
BD started the series with a rating of 10 (we have 34). If BD win the second Test they'll move to 24, 18 if the second is drawn as well, and 12 if they loose.

The more points BD accumulate against other teams, the more points we can gain when we next meet each other! :D

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Two draws isimpressive from BD. Obviously they need the breakthrough win still, but they were competitive.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Mominul Haque had had a great start to his career .....

His start to his career reminds me a lot of Michael Husseys start to his test career.....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement