The World T20 Qualifiers ...

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
samedwards

Re: The World T20 Qualifiers ...

Post by samedwards »

the three fake-Dutch Aussies would also be a factor.
Given that England play a Commonwealth XI, I'm sure we can cut the Dutch a bit of a slack for trying to be more competitive.

totoro
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by totoro »

samedwards wrote:
foreignfield wrote:So this is it: We will face Ireland, UAE and the Netherlands, the toughest possible draw imo.
The UAE are not much of a challenge, given their absymal fielding standards and possible loss of a key player, Nasir Aziz, due to chucking claims. Ireland will certianly be a challenge, and a full strength Dutch side, with Ryan ten Doeschate, Tom Cooper, Dirk Nannes and Timm van der Gugten, will be one too. IMO, it could be a three-way race between these three.
I doubt RTD & Nannes will make themselves available, and Tom Cooper might be playing for Australia by then, his form has been very good recently. Still not going to be easy-beats though. :)

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

jaybro wrote:Im guessing only one side goes through ??
Yup.

Our chances depend on who's willing to play for us, really. I can see us having to field a bunch of 'new' players and letting Ireland through.

totoro
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by totoro »

Just hope we don't select Maruma again. I rate him as a good Logan Cup batsmen, but we might as well just let Ireland win if he's in our XI. It was a relief when he got out during the T20I matches vs Bangladesh & Pakistan.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

We are surely in the tougher group