Tribute to Sachin

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Tribute to Sachin

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Here's a wonderful tribute by Crimson Avenger to Sachin the legend in world's oldest and most computer friendly language Sanaskrit.

http://kshanaprabhaa.blogspot.in/2013/1 ... erses.html
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Tribute to Sachin

Post by foreignfield »

Wow, that sounds really impressive and makes me wish I could understand Sanskrit :)

Thanks also for the link on your website, Crimson, to the art of "Avadhanam". I think I have heard about a few such poetic traditions, arts or feats around the globe, sometimes exctinct, but none which are as complex and mind-boggling ... or difficult to fully understand for someone who does not speak the language ;) .

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Tribute to Sachin

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Thanks for posting my work here Situ, just a small tribute to the great career, and also an opportunity to play with words...

Avadhanam is indeed an amazing art, foreignfield, great to know that you have explored these.Dr. R. Ganesh is one great scholar of modern times who is singlehandedly trying to revive this art form in both Sanskrit and Kannada languages, and also contributing to a list of Avadhanis in Telugu.

I think we must have a discussion on linguistics as an aside one of these days...