England v India

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

England v India

Post by maehara »

So. Against England - who've just gone through a spell as being the comedy team of Test cricket - India have scored:
3rd Test - 330 & 178
4th Test - 152 & 161
5th Test - 95/9 after 47 overs on day one.

What went wrong? Hell, we've managed better against SA, and going by the Cricinfo commentary I'm not the only one to think so:
45.6 "Think Zimbabwe did a better job against SA, than what we showing here right?" And then some, GG
ZC spend on our team what would be a rounding error compared to what the BCCI can throw at their side, and if we were scoring like this you know how the comments would go.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: England v India

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well, you can throw all your money but you can't buy a Rahul Dravid. That's what this proves. It is all about the level of dedication needed to excel in test cricket. The guys who are getting paid obscene amounts through IPL or endorsements choose to focus on milking their commercial contracts and not prepare for the conditions they might expect in the touring country.

I heard Kumar Sangakkara, with all his experience and class, did not sit on his laurels but played the beginning of the season for Durham FOR FREE to get himself acclimatized with the English conditions before the Lankans toured England. We know what the results were. I mean, he is a legend, and he played for free to get ready for the tour! Counties would have lined up with fat checks but he did what he had to. Dravid played for Scotland on the same lines years ago to get the better of conditions. Can't think of any current Indian "Super Star" doing that in his lifetime.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

KS is really classy, my favourite cricketer from the subcontinent

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I must say I take some enjoyment from seeing India get their butts kicked. The way the BCCI seem to be systematically destroying international cricket does not win them much popularity in my book. If Zimbabwe played like this everyone would be saying that we should be stripped of test status.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

There would be many cries of 'inept', that is for sure