Bangladesh WC 2015 Watch

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: Bangladesh WC 2015 Watch

Post by Kriterion_BD »

As for Mahmudullah, yes, he's totally suprised me. But not for technique or anything. He's always had a reasonably good technique and a decent range of strokes. He's hit a Test ton in NZ, fairly early on in his career. His problem was his mental approach. He was a sissy and a rather selfish player who'd bat slowly for his 50 then give it up. Its refreshing to see him finally change, and do it when it really counts. I hope he can keep it up. He would have been the last player anyone would have expected to hit Bangladesh first WC century behind Mushfiq, Shakib, Tamim, Anamul, or Nasir. A testament to how much depth we've got going around. And as if to prove the England knock wasn't a fluke, he hit an even better one against an even better attack in even tougher conditions. Respect.

The England knock wasn't perfect, he really struggled in the death - the bane of his existence - although that day even Mushy failed to up the run rate at the death. But he did fine against NZ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Re: Bangladesh WC 2015 Watch

Post by Kriterion_BD »

So our campaign ends with a disappointing loss. Mahmudullah dismissed in nearly identical fashion as Williams in the Ireland game. Except no evidence that Dhawan touched the rope. Also 50-50 lbw against Rohit not given just like the Gayle 215 innings...but again, both calls were fine as umpire's decision is the error margin in 50-50 calls. So no complaints from me. Disappointed, yes.

Overall, our campaign was a success I'd say. Youngest team at the world cup...met all the initial targets and made it to the QFs even without the free point from the washout vs AUS.

Very impressed with young Taskin. By the time of our next fixture, he will no longer be a teenager, but he really impressed me. Never once cracked 90 mph - got up to 89.9 - but he averaged 140 kph on his stock delivery which is perhaps more impressive as it shows his effort ball can perhaps reach 91-92 mph or perhaps even faster. But his bowling was good, death bowling was pretty good too. 9 wickets @ 36 was a decent performance, especially for his age. Also produced 5 chances that weren't taken, 4 of them absolute sitters (he dropped one off his own bowling too). Could have had 14 wickets at 22 apiece. I'm optimistic his perfect action and technique will limit his injuries, inshAllah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)