Bangladesh WC 2015 Watch

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Bangladesh WC 2015 Watch

Post by foreignfield »

"Batter friendly" is actually an understatement. It's ridiculous the way the one thing which makes cricket unique among team sports -- the pitch -- has been taken out of the equation.

But then some things never change: I've been reading a cricket book from 1903 lately where the English contributors generally bemoan the good quality of the pitches in Australia which renders the English bowling overseas ineffective while seemingly producing great Aussie bowling (in turn the English gloat about the inability of the Aussie batsmen to survive on a sticky wicket) ;)

Anyway, best of luck against England!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Oh man, HUGE game for us in just over 6 hours time. A win here and we qualify for the quarterfinals. The last 2 times this scenario presented itself (2011 world cup) we were bundled out for 58 all out vs WI, and 78 all out vs RSA. Will it happen again when the pressure is on vs England? If it does, I think I'll instantly age 40 years overnight!

As a fan, I'm giving us a 50-50 shot here, especially if Tamim Iqbal comes out and blasts the English attack like he did all through 2010 in both formats. Realistically though you'd' have to say England are favorites to close it out by a 2:3 odds.

Skybet has England at 1:4 odds...I guess that sounds reasonable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Kriterion_BD wrote:Oh man, HUGE game for us in just over 6 hours time. A win here and we qualify for the quarterfinals. The last 2 times this scenario presented itself (2011 world cup) we were bundled out for 58 all out vs WI, and 78 all out vs RSA. Will it happen again when the pressure is on vs England? If it does, I think I'll instantly age 40 years overnight!

As a fan, I'm giving us a 50-50 shot here, especially if Tamim Iqbal comes out and blasts the English attack like he did all through 2010 in both formats. Realistically though you'd' have to say England are favorites to close it out by a 2:3 odds.

Skybet has England at 1:4 odds...I guess that sounds reasonable.
If Bangladesh win the toss and post 300+ then it's game over for England I reckon.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

BD will have to play out of their skin to beat England I feel I hope they do .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

140-4 after 31. We will struggle to get to 250 unless Mushy really fires. Looks a better and one of the boundaries is only 54 meters!

Looks like 320 is par and we will be very short of that!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I guess we should be thankful we crossed 78.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

275-7. Really should have gotten 290 or even 300, but some great death bowling by england for a change. Only 4 from Tamim and Shakib...Shakib needs to deliver with the ball.

Good sign that Moeen's offie were really turning out there today.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Do you guys have enough ??

Looks a 300 pitch but runs on the board are crucial .....

Even though you will make me eat my words I'll be cheering on Mashrafe and the boys .....

Bowling hasn't impressed me at all, but I'm impressed with how you guys have batted I really though they would have folded like a deck of cards today when they were 2-8 .....

Mushy has killed it this WC he really needs to bat top 4 some where ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Its a 300 wicket. But england are not in form and the ball should turn and we've picked the extra spinner, making 3.5 spinners in the side. I am going to bed and gonna catch the 2nd innings on replay after work tomorrow. So I won't know the result for another 18 hrs. Hoping for the best, but even if we lose, we've had an OK tournament. Could have been worse.

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Mahmudullah is a strange one. I remember when he first started out he was a lower order basher of the ball but now he's one of your most solid batsman at the top of the order. I wonder what changed his mindset to batting.