Bangladesh WC 2015 Watch

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Bangladesh WC 2015 Watch

Post by jaybro »

Relax champion you're about to break your key board ......

The first pitch was nothing like anyone has ever seen in a test in BD but the 2nd two tests the boys should have drawn but couldn't bat out the last days. In made a prediction and I was wrong big deal !!! You have to have an opinion and that was mine ..... How was I suppose to know who Jubair was ? The kid had two first class matches in BD not even u knew what he could do and if u claim u did you're talking shit again bud ..... Jubair is a great talent and even though he might not have taken as many as Taijul he seemed to take the big wickets I think he got BRMT 3-4 times ?

This all aside mate you won't find another person on this forum who thinks BD has the fifth best seam attack potentially or what ever stupid twist you want to put on it .....

As for your mate Rubel if he isn't locked up again before the WC I predict he'll go for 7+ an over throughout the tournament ......

Yeah india's attack is very inconsistent atm and I drank them 8th overall with current performances but potentially they could be very dangerous .....

The word potential is a really loose one just because a player looks like he might a good player doesn't mean he will ever be one. It takes a lot of hard work to be a great player and without hard work potential is nothing ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

"Potential" is really a difficult concept in sport. :)

Btw, I think Sri Lanka's attack is under-rated by many. They might not have the "potential" beyond Malinga -- who again is probably the most lethal limited-overs bowler around -- but their seamers generally know where to bowl, an attribute often lacking in the case of, e.g., a Jerome Taylor.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The SL boys bowl well in ODI's but no real X factor in tests but they're all very disciplined except for maybe Pradeep who can be expensive at times .....

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:Relax champion you're about to break your key board ......

The first pitch was nothing like anyone has ever seen in a test in BD but the 2nd two tests the boys should have drawn but couldn't bat out the last days. In made a prediction and I was wrong big deal !!! You have to have an opinion and that was mine ..... How was I suppose to know who Jubair was ? The kid had two first class matches in BD not even u knew what he could do and if u claim u did you're talking shit again bud ..... Jubair is a great talent and even though he might not have taken as many as Taijul he seemed to take the big wickets I think he got BRMT 3-4 times ?

This all aside mate you won't find another person on this forum who thinks BD has the fifth best seam attack potentially or what ever stupid twist you want to put on it .....

As for your mate Rubel if he isn't locked up again before the WC I predict he'll go for 7+ an over throughout the tournament ......

Yeah india's attack is very inconsistent atm and I drank them 8th overall with current performances but potentially they could be very dangerous .....

The word potential is a really loose one just because a player looks like he might a good player doesn't mean he will ever be one. It takes a lot of hard work to be a great player and without hard work potential is nothing ......
The big deal is you've made hilariously incorrect assumptions based on some delusionary assessments. Don't get me wrong, the egg-facing is fantastic and I thoroughly enjoy it. And if I deserve it, I don't mind you dishing it out either. Its what the forums are for after all.

Sure, you're not supposed to know who Jubair is, but at this stage you ought to know better than to theorize that we've got no spinners. That's like me proclaiming you're a bad cook cuz I've never tasted anything good. How the hell would I know?

Before ridiculing our seam attack, don't over-rate your own please. Chatara is the only one with stats better than Rubel, despite ZIM being "seam friendly" conditions, and this includes Jarvis and Vitori. I rated ZIM's seam attack 11th on potential, and even that may be generous if Ireland's young pair are as good as billed.

My iron keyboard is still in mint condition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Hahah you're a goose claiming BD has the fifth best seam attack potentially or what ever is by far the stupidest comment I've seen on this forum, I only ranked Zim one spot above BD do I can't see myself being biased ( being rated one spot above BD is nothing to Crowe about ).

As for my predictions about the test series yes I said I thought there would be 3 draws and yes I was wrong but I'm pretty sure anyone who has to predict 3 results can be excused for getting it wrong ? Or must we be perfect or shutup ? I really expected BRMT to do well on tour and if he did who knows the 2nd & 3rd tests may have been drawn. But don't start calling my predictions stupid when you're proclaiming a bunch of flops could be the fifth best attack hahaha

Let's see who's face has egg on it after the WC

Fifth best seam attack :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

It wasn't the lack of accuracy of your predictions but the dismissive nature of your comments as if you would draw by just showing up. You do realize that runs need to be scored to draw tests regardless of how flat it is, right? Its one thing to say we can draw or might draw another to say 'pitch is flat, don't have spinners' and so on. I've made bold predictions before that didnt pan out, but I'm a decent sport and usually will say 'my bad'.

Yes ZIM have the better test seam attack, but in ODIs ours is quite a bit superior. Hands down. And that's with us playing mostly on tracks you called flat (they are).

But yeah will be interesting to see how the WC goes. I'll be happy to eat my humble pie if it comes to it.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

foreignfield wrote: Btw, I think Sri Lanka's attack is under-rated by many. They might not have the "potential" beyond Malinga -- who again is probably the most lethal limited-overs bowler around -- but their seamers generally know where to bowl, an attribute often lacking in the case of, e.g., a Jerome Taylor.
That doesn't look like a clever statement after Ronchi's assault today :shock:

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I'm always the first to admit when I was wrong, and I was wrong we didn't draw any tests even though the 2nd and third tests were played on flat tracks ......

Zim played more poorly than anyone expected ( or at least I expected ) and it showed with the coach getting the chop .....

I may be wrong but I think I made my predictions before Williams and Utseya were ruled out of the tour plus I obviously expected Nyumbu to perform better and as I already said I expected BRMT to dominate the series which clearly never happened ......

I think I get a bit excited when it comes to Zimbabwe because I'm so passionate about them so I always believe they can win I guess you could call it blind bias ness so I apologise for that. But as for BD I have no care for or against them so I'm just going off what I've seen from them they're clearly a solid ODI unit backed mainly from their spinners razzak and Sakib plus all their batsman average in or around 30 so they usually hae enough runs to give their bowlers a chance. I still feel their weakness is their seam attack and although they may have improved you're dreaming if you think they're could e the fifth best attack .....

But let's just wait and see how they go shall we ?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Haha well I hope you know I'm just waiting for your next bad prediction. But don't worry, I make plenty of bold ones like this thread so you have ample opportunity to dish it right back.

Group stage seamer ratings will be = wickets/(average * econ) might weigh econ 150% as its important in LOIs. I think there is a good chance you will be surprised at how much better this BD seam attack is than it used to be.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

BD so far getting hammered in their warm ups vs CA XI.

Lost the first game by 5 wickets and now are 0-43 defending just 193.