1) Well, I did cover my ass a bit on the 5th best seam attack predicition by saying based on "potential"
. Also, I later did update that prediction to 6th best
, once I realized England had a potentially
devastating seam attack...of course they've been thrashed thus far as well. I know you're not a big fan of the word "potential" but I was very careful enough to put that in the very first time I mentioned it, so you can't complain about it after the fact. I mean I'd look pretty dumb to say "BD will have the 6th best seam attack at the WC guaranteed". But not to worry, I'll analyze the seam attacks once the group stage is over and you can gloat then.
2) Mominul has so far been a very average LOI player...a beast in Tests (especially in Chittagong). I think he can still be a decent player, but he has no power in his game which means he can only be an accumulator in the LOI format. And he hasn't done that very well. He did have a string of decent performances during the Asia Cup, and was looking very good at #3, but then got dropped without much justification and is now just drifting around.
3) Yes, I think Mushy should give up the gloves in all formats, most especially in Tests and bat at #3. In ODIs he can bat anywhere from 3-7, but he's obviously wasted coming down at 6 or 7. Both him and Shakib are capable hitters - they both hit 6s at the MCG off spinners to boot, yesterday - but they can only do well down the order if the top order gets us to a decent start, which they so far have failed to do.
I'm not too sure what lineup we should go with for the remaining matches. One is for sure, all 4 of the Associates are a lot stronger than they've been in previous additions, so you can't just write them off as an easy 2 pts. So our game vs Scotland will be crucial to not just bagging 2 points, but also trying to get some form and confidence ahead of the clutch game vs England. The equation is simple...beat them both and we're in the quarters. Easier said than done, but not out of the realm of possibility. I hear Adelaide is a bit more spinner friendly, so perhaps we should drop a seamer and play an extra SLA.
The lineup I'd go with is the following:
1) Tamim (horrible waste of talent, but he'll still be good for a 50 or two before we fly back home)
2) Soumya (I think he's got a huge ceiling...really like this kid)
5) Nasir (pretty sure he's coming in from the next game)
6) Sabbir (did quite well vs SL even though the game was over)
7) Anamul (might as well just come in and hit out or get out)
11) Taskin (I'd probably drop him for a 3rd SLA against England, and play him in all the other games)