WC 2015 Fast Bowlers Watch

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: WC 2015 Fast Bowlers Watch

Post by Kriterion_BD »

One volunteer down. Can we get sloandog to put his hand up?

We still have to figure out how to collect speed data. Maybe pick the fastest delivery in each over and average those.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

samedwards

Post by samedwards »

Kriterion_BD wrote: Ireland (Peter Chase, Craig Young, Alex Cusack, Max Sorensen, John Mooney)
^^FTFY

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

^i have been told by our resident Irishman that the Irish seamers all bowl 70 mph seam ups. Hard to believe, and cricinfo has talked about chase and young, but we will have to see.

samedwards

Post by samedwards »

^^Check out Sorensen in the World T20 Qualifiers 2013. He was consistently hitting 140s. And Young is the quickest Irish bowler right now, and does hit 140s.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I was going based on what I was told from an Irish fan. The list will be updated during the WC so if they have been mis classified it will be corrected.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

Kriterion_BD wrote:^i have been told by our resident Irishman that the Irish seamers all bowl 70 mph seam ups. Hard to believe, and cricinfo has talked about chase and young, but we will have to see.
Young, to me, looks the quickest of the Irish bowlers.... Not express pace though.. 130-140k sort of bowler I guess....
P.S. - Only Kevin O'Brien bowsl 70 mph seam ups. Even Mooney is quicker than that....

grant

Post by grant »

Just noticed this....

Afg bowler Hamid Hassan over vs Western District Australia

No Ball (Bowled )
Free Hit ( Bowled)
No ball again ( bowled )
Free Hit again ( Bowled )
finally , LBW out !

;)

And apparently, this guy was the batsman : https://www.facebook.com/spencer.johnson.526?fref=ufi
:lol:

grant

Post by grant »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket ... 06115.html
Maxwell destroying the Indian bowing attack....

Yadav to Maxwell, SIX
Yadav to Maxwell, SIX, slithers away again and cashes on another short ball. This time slammed over long on
Yadav to Maxwell, SIX, moves away from the stumps now and whacks it over point. Slightly short of length from Umesh
Yadav to Maxwell, FOUR, shuffles outside off stump and whacks it fine down the leg side
Yadav to Maxwell, 1 wide, well-disguised slower one, but a touch too wide off off-stump. Tight call
Yadav to Maxwell, FOUR, no nervous 90s for Maxwell there. Carves up one over covers to bring up his 100. Kisses the helmet. Quite a whirlwind knock that

Maxi's scoring sequence since the 42nd over: 6 6 6 4 wd 4 4 . 4 . 6 . 6 1 4 4

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

grant wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:^i have been told by our resident Irishman that the Irish seamers all bowl 70 mph seam ups. Hard to believe, and cricinfo has talked about chase and young, but we will have to see.
Young, to me, looks the quickest of the Irish bowlers.... Not express pace though.. 130-140k sort of bowler I guess....
P.S. - Only Kevin O'Brien bowsl 70 mph seam ups. Even Mooney is quicker than that....
When have you seen Young bowl? Were there speed guns?

To me there are two separate categories...genuinely quick bowlers, the ones you'd call right or left arm fast, and express quicks, who are the absolute fastest in the world. IMO, genuinely quick is a guy who averages 140 kph, at least in the first spell of 5 overs or so. You can maybe dip down to 138, but no lower than that. That means they will likely be bowling a good number of balls in the 143-145 range. Express are the guys who are generally regarded as being able to hit 150 kph. Now Ishant Sharma has hit 150 a couple times, but he wouldn't even be considered genuinely quick, let alone express. But someone like Varun Aaron is certainly express, and Yadav is close.

From my memory of the last WC, IRE only had one bowler who could bowl above 80 mph and that was Rankin. Guys like Mooney, Johnston, etc were all hovering around 75-78 mph. I have been told Young and Chase are no quicker by an Irish fan, but that was surprising since cricinfo has been hyping up the pace and bounce that those two have. Of course we'll find out in a few weeks time.

grant

Post by grant »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
grant wrote:
When have you seen Young bowl? Were there speed guns?

To me there are two separate categories...genuinely quick bowlers, the ones you'd call right or left arm fast, and express quicks, who are the absolute fastest in the world. IMO, genuinely quick is a guy who averages 140 kph, at least in the first spell of 5 overs or so. You can maybe dip down to 138, but no lower than that. That means they will likely be bowling a good number of balls in the 143-145 range. Express are the guys who are generally regarded as being able to hit 150 kph. Now Ishant Sharma has hit 150 a couple times, but he wouldn't even be considered genuinely quick, let alone express. But someone like Varun Aaron is certainly express, and Yadav is close.

From my memory of the last WC, IRE only had one bowler who could bowl above 80 mph and that was Rankin. Guys like Mooney, Johnston, etc were all hovering around 75-78 mph. I have been told Young and Chase are no quicker by an Irish fan, but that was surprising since cricinfo has been hyping up the pace and bounce that those two have. Of course we'll find out in a few weeks time.
I never said he's a genuinely quick bowler.... 130-140k is decent, but not genuinely quick.
There were no speed guns, but he looked the quickest among the Irish bowlers. He's certainly not the 75-78 mph type..... I haven't seen Chase bowl.