BD v PAK

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: BD v PAK

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
eugene wrote:Bangladesh are very much a top 6-8 side now, particularly at home.

Guess the old argument of who's better Zim v BD is non-contentious now ......
Was that ever a serious question? Before Streak and Flower left it was obviously Zim. Since 2004 its been pretty solidly BD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Well before the last tour in BD it had been pretty even ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:Well before the last tour in BD it had been pretty even ......
It was something like this 20-10 in favor of BD since the Streaks and G Flowers walked. England are probably closer to the Aussies than that.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

We have only lost one home series to BD plus had a 2-1 test record ......

BD are obviously the better team but the final dot in the line will be a test and ODI series win in Zimbabwe which you guys should be able to achieve yeah ?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:We have only lost one home series to BD plus had a 2-1 test record ......

BD are obviously the better team but the final dot in the line will be a test and ODI series win in Zimbabwe which you guys should be able to achieve yeah ?
BD has won 2 series in ZIM since 2004.

You can definitely count on a series basis, however, in this particular rivalry it results in a fallacy. Because by the same argument BD are also the better side in Tests played in ZIM. Sure the record reads 1-2, but we've also never lost a series in ZIM. But obviously, that is nonsensical. Hence, the real marker should just be wins and losses tallied up individually.

In Bangladesh:

3-2 BD, 2005
5-0 BD, 2006
2-1 BD, 2009 (2-2 if you include tri series loss)
4-1 BD, 2009
3-1 BD, 2010
5-0 BD, 2014

In Zimbabwe:

3-2 ZIM, 2006
3-1 BD, 2007
4-1 BD, 2009
3-2 ZIM, 2011
2-1 ZIM, 2013

Overall: 34-16 to BD, + 2006 Champions Trophy match makes it 35-16. To me thats not close.

Also, 2 of those series in ZIM were very close, in fact single ball series deciders. A last ball 4 from Taylor and BD takes the series 3-2. Same with Mushfiq's dismissal in 2011's 3rd ODI which could be due to playing in the dark without flood lights - which isn't fair playing conditions. So a matter of 2 balls, across 22 games could swing it to where ZIM only win 1 home series from 5.

As for a hypothetical series in ZIM now, yeah on paper it shouldn't even be a contest. But thats what we said in 2011 and 2013 when ZIM actually had some class players like Taylor, Jarvis, Cremer, and Taibu. I don't I'd make any predictions because I know for a fact it would be wrong. I predicted 8-0 for the last series and it turned out to be correct, but thats cuz we were at home and I know how strong we are in our own house. But in ZIM we don't know what would happen. If I say it will be a close series, we'll win 7-1 or 8-0 in ZIM. If I say we'll win 8-0, we'll prolly lose or barely sneak by.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

If you look back to 04 and see which direction the two teams have gone they're a complete 360 of each other, BD couldn't even compete with top 8 nations let alone beat them and Zimbabwe were fresh off making consecutive WC super sixes. Fast forward to now and it's Zim who can't even beat an associate at the WC and BD fresh off knocking out England from the WC are now deemed favourites to beat Pakistan which they are doing so. There is nothing to make u think either team will change direction BD have a stable system and there is financial opportunity to stay, where Zimbabwe are loosing any decent players they have to County cricket and the best youngsters to British university's as well .....

The argument is over and as for when it was over does it really matter ??

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I agree with you jaybro. As for for the precise timing of events mattering, it should be pretty clear from a lot of my posts that I'm rather obsessive compulsive. I saw your post as one of fact rather than opinion and while you cannot correct a "wrong" opinion, you can attempt to shed light on facts.

Obviously Pakistan are still a top 8 side, but they are most unpredictable and hence beating them doesn't quite hold the same value as beating an Australia or an India. That being said, its nice to get them after losing 40 odd internationals to them in a row, even when we had beaten far better sides.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Just watched the highlights off Tamin's innings .....

I still think Ajmal is chucking .......

grant

Post by grant »

jaybro wrote:Just watched the highlights off Tamin's innings .....

I still think Ajmal is chucking .......
A lot less than he used to......

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Ed Rainsford commentating lol .......