Sean Williams should be axed

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
watermelon

Sean Williams should be axed

Post by watermelon »

Watermelon here with some more words of truth. Sean Williams is probably the most overrated player we have and never performs when it counts. His best knocks come in garbage time when the game is already lost.

Looking at his ODI record, he has played in 22 victories from 96 matches. In these 22 matches he has only scored 5 half-centuries and 0 centuries, so for the most part he has not been the one to guide us home to victory.

One can only speculate as to why Williams seems untouchable to the selectors and coaches, whereas someone similar like Vusi Sibanda is cast aside without a second thought. It is time for Williams to be cast out, he is not the future of Zimbabwean cricket. His spot can be given to a hungry youngster who is interested in winning.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

AngusBeef

Re: Sean Williams should be axed

Post by AngusBeef »

I think Sean is doing ok, This is a table of Zim batsmans' averages in losing games (Min. 10 innings):
The nearest of the current crop is Ervine on 25.17, If Williams gets dropped then so too must everyone else on the team.

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

That is the problem with him, he plays well in loses, but rarely bothers up to lead us to victory. Most of his runs come when the game is already lost and the pressure is off. He has little resolve, no wonder Mangongo had issues with him.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

AngusBeef

Post by AngusBeef »

When Williams comes in at 2/3 down, the game is nearly always still salvageable, All he can do is put in a good performance and hope someone backs him up. Not really his fault the rest of the team don't show up. To me it shows he is very resilient, and maybe if we had a few more players like him we would show some more fight in games where we have our backs against the wall!

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Hello everyone i am indian and have been following this forum from sometime now. had made an account before this but for some reason i could not post anything ..so made another one hope this stays for long ..anyway talking about zimbabwe cricket i always watch their games ..and support them have always been an underdog supporter and wanted little teams to do better ...talking about the post ..i didnt want to be critical in my first post but i believe sean williams and craig ervine are best zimbabwean batsman currently ..willaims specifically has that aggression and urge to do well everytime ..u can see his disappointment everytime he gets out ..so u cant even think of dropping him

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

AngusBeef wrote:I think Sean is doing ok, This is a table of Zim batsmans'
averages
in losing games (Min. 10 innings):
The nearest of the current crop is Ervine on 25.17, If Williams gets dropped then so too must everyone else on the team.
Case close..
Only Sean & ervine can be considered consistent
Shame on your WATERMELON.. Concentrate on getting some bond money

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

Mueddie, you are just proving my point, so well done to you. Williams comes good in losses but disappears in victories. What is the point of having someone only show up when the game is already lost? You keep backing your loser, I will back winners like Chigumbura and Utseya.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

##Dougie Mariller
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by ##Dougie Mariller »

watermelon wrote:Mueddie, you are just proving my point, so well done to you. Williams comes good in losses but disappears in victories. What is the point of having someone only show up when the game is already lost? You keep backing your loser, I will back winners like Chigumbura and Utseya.

-watermelon.

Keep on backing Chigumburra, he will definately play 400 odis, with batting average in 20s and bowling average in 40s, destroying Zimbabwe and hope Utseya gain some real coaching certificate, and in the future he might resume his racial fights.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

You got your wish Watermelon

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

watermelon here, thought I would revive another ZCF-favourite thread.

With the recent series against the Lankans in the books I thought it was time to revisit Sean Williams. This guy contributed nothing to our victories and everything to our defeats. His "bowling" was club level stuff and his batting was useless. White privilege or quotas have to be the reason he is still one of the first names on the team sheet. At least Ervine and Waller come good occasionally, Williams only offers little cameos and that is it.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3