Bangladesh Watch 2015-2019

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: Bangladesh Watch 2015-2019

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Both India and Bangladesh have named full strength squads for the historic one-off Test in Hyderabad next week.

India have seemingly rested Mohammad Shami and Bangladesh have rested Mustafizur.

Will be a huge gain for Bangladesh if they can compete with the #1 ranked side in the world on their own turf.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Interesting comment

"I'm a little surprised, I don't believe that this is a historic Test," Mushfiqur said. "Take for example when we play against Zimbabwe. The pressure is more because if we lose against them then there is nothing more shameful than that.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Huge Test of.character for us here after India rack up 690 for 6. Lapses in the field meant we could have bowled.India out for 600 or so. Then again those extra 100 runs burned 20 overs that we'd.have to survive.

It all depends on how much turn there will be on day 3. The rare instance it turned in the 1st innings, the Indian batsmen were troubled by Mehedi and Taijul (latter bowled exceptionally on a dead flat.track).

Our batting rests with the Big 4 of Tamim, Mominul, Mushy, and Shakib. Riyad is on borrowed time and Sabbir is still young. I would like Soumya to get an extended run ahead of Imrul.

The following lineup I hope starts from the SL series next month:

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Mominul
4. Mushy
5. Sabbir
6. Shakib
7. Nurul/Litton (wk)
8. Mehedi
9. Taijul
10. Taskin
11. Mustafiz

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

BD really need to field better if they want to be a top 4 side .....

India are an absolute powerhouse at home though I'm scared to think what they're going to do to Australia .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Top 4 is a dream. Granted, I do think its possible to see BD as the #1 ranked side in my lifetime (I'll be 34 in a couple months). But thats a once in a lifetime thing. If the Test league happens, winning that would be the equivalent.

Fielding is shit. Out of the current XI Sabbir, Mehedi, and Sounya are top class fielders. Mominul is solid but the others are all generally subpar. Nasir was in the Sabbir class as well.

WK has been the big loss for years now. Mushfiq has prolly lost 50 regulation chances in the past 10 years, all off spinners. Need a new keeper and move Rahim to #4 replacing his brother in law, Mahmudullah.

Imrul has done well past few years...but Soumya has a much more potential.

The bowling is shaping up well though. Taskin has just 3 wickets at an average of 140+ at nearly 5 rpo...but its.obvious that he has real potential. Also hitting 90 mph at least once each innings.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Certain in innings defeat looming. 246-6 at tea. Hopefully we can get to 300 but highly likely we'll be batting again today.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Haven't watched much of this match, but a couple of things I did notice from the BD point of view:

1. Mushfiq is not the right leader you need. This is the best team you have for a while now, and you have one of the most brilliant minds as coach, a better captain would take this to the next level. Mushfiq is anything but inspirational. I can draw a lot of parallels with Dilshan, when he captained SL. When things go bad on the field, his body language is terrible, which rubs on to other members of the team. Too much of negative emotions. Tamim could be a more sensible option to lead in tests. Mushfiq should stop keeping too, nowhere near good, although we at Zim currently have the worst keeper option among all the test playing nations :)

2. You are right, Shabbir and Soumya were brilliant in the field. No matter what stage of the game it was, I saw them put 120% whenever I saw the ball go to them. Remarkable energy and commitment. The kind of people you need to succeed.

3. Some really ordinary bowling all through by the pacers, especially Rabbi. Mustafiz, if fit, would have been great here. How is Subhasis, was he a better option if he offered more control (hold one end up)? Haven't watched him at all, but he had the best returns from the practice match...

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Rabbi is ordinary as a pacer. Roy as well. Plus Roy has issues with his follow throw - was warned several times for running on pitch in NZ.

Taskin has bowled exceptionally well at times and poorly at others. His spell in Christchurch on a green pitch was of the highest quality, pace, movement, control. He tires from his 3rd spell onwards, allthough his fastest delivery in NZ came on the last day of the tour.

Hyderabad his opening couple of spells were.superb. Econ rate under 3 on this wicket against Indian top order is superlative. Got picked apart by Kohli later when he started to drop the ball too short. He'll sort it out in time. Also the addition of Mustafiz from the other end will enhance his bowling automatically.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:1. Mushfiq is not the right leader you need. This is the best team you have for a while now, and you have one of the most brilliant minds as coach, a better captain would take this to the next level. Mushfiq is anything but inspirational. I can draw a lot of parallels with Dilshan, when he captained SL. When things go bad on the field, his body language is terrible, which rubs on to other members of the team. Too much of negative emotions. Tamim could be a more sensible option to lead in tests. Mushfiq should stop keeping too, nowhere near good, although we at Zim currently have the worst keeper option among all the test playing nations :)
They just need to schedule a Test series in Zimbabwe. Isn't it Bangladeshi tradition for the captain to make a big song and dance about resigning after a humiliating series defeat in Zim? :D
In fact hasn't Mushfiqur already resigned under those circumstances? :lol:

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

What was the name of that young legspinner? The kid who was like 19/20 when Zimbabwe toured in 2014. He looked like a serious prospect