Zimbabwe Finally Gets a Busy Fixtures in 2017

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Zimbabwe Finally Gets a Busy Fixtures in 2017

Post by Black Mamba »

Zimbabwe is expected to play against Scotland,Holland,Srilanka,West indies,Namibia and India A before the year ends.ZC is also understood to be pushings for tours against South africa and Bangladesh.

eugene

Re: Zimbabwe Finally Gets a Busy Fixtures in 2017

Post by eugene »

Black Mamba wrote:Zimbabwe is expected to play against Scotland,Holland,Srilanka,West indies,Namibia and India A before the year ends.ZC is also understood to be pushings for tours against South africa and Bangladesh.
Source?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Well the Holland, Namibia & India matches won't be full internationals so that's a bit disappointing. Just shows how un attractive playing Zimbabwe is now .....

Can't believe how much BD have turned their backs on us, cancelling test series & not touring for over 4 years .....

I still don't understand why we don't play Ireland more ? We play Afghanistan heaps but not the Irish .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Wasn't Scotland mentioned somewhere?

Better than nothing. Though are these all home fixtures? We really need to play some away games in prep for Sri Lanka.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

jaybro wrote:Well the Holland, Namibia & India matches won't be full internationals so that's a bit disappointing. Just shows how un attractive playing Zimbabwe is now .....

Can't believe how much BD have turned their backs on us, cancelling test series & not touring for over 4 years .....

I still don't understand why we don't play Ireland more ? We play Afghanistan heaps but not the Irish .....
Netherlands and Namibia are a waste of time IMO. No upside. Even Scotland seems pointless to me, it'd be cheaper and more beneficial to just invite one of the South African franchises over for a few one dayers.

India A would be a very beneficial series though. Especially if it was a whistlestop tour in India on the way to Sri Lanka. A couple of 4-day FC matches to prepare for the SL Test matches.

As much as I hate the timezone if we play West Indies, hopefully it's an away tour.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote: Can't believe how much BD have turned their backs on us, cancelling test series & not touring for over 4 years .....
Firstly, I really wish that Test series wasn't cancelled, and now that it was, should have been made up by now. However, I think a few factors in not playing was the following:

The January 2016 series was scrapped as both the BCB and ZC wanted to play T20Is to prepare for the WT20. That is the BCB's MO and its quite annoying. We cancelled 2 Tests vs NZ in 2010 (when we swept them 4-0 in ODIs) due to the 2011 World Cup which was nearly 6 months away at that point. Had we played Tests then, its possible we could have won one given the form NZ was in at the time.

After the WT20 there was plenty of time to play a Test series, but the BCB was more focused on the DPL tournament which took up all of May and June. Plus with 2 key players in the IPL, the BCB was probably reluctant to play ZIM in April and May. The rest of the summer was spent "remodelling" Taskin's action - which was never illegal to begin with IMO. Taskin was only cleared to return just days before the Afghanistan series in September. And since then Bangladesh has had a constant string of fixtures all the way up to November of this year.

Now if the Aussies cancel their tour in August, I suspect that opens a window to host ZIM.

We do have some gaps in the FTP in 2018 but Zimbabwe and possibly BD too might be focused more on the World Cup Qualifiers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

In the post match interview, Cremer mentioned an away tour to Ireland in 2 months.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Mr Twig wrote:In the post match interview, Cremer mentioned an away tour to Ireland in 2 months.
Ooohhh...early season conditions in Ireland. Very interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

afghankhan

Post by afghankhan »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
jaybro wrote:Well the Holland, Namibia & India matches won't be full internationals so that's a bit disappointing. Just shows how un attractive playing Zimbabwe is now .....

Netherlands and Namibia are a waste of time IMO. No upside. Even Scotland seems pointless to me, it'd be cheaper and more beneficial to just invite one of the South African franchises over for a few one dayers.

India A would be a very beneficial series though. Especially if it was a whistlestop tour in India on the way to Sri Lanka. A couple of 4-day FC matches to prepare for the SL Test matches.

As much as I hate the timezone if we play West Indies, hopefully it's an away tour.
Scotland and Netherland are pretty good ODI teams. I think you will be surprised by how good they are. Zim will definetly not win 3-0 or 5-0. IF Zim win it will be 2-1 or 3-2. I think it will be good for Zimbabwe to play cricket again and get confidence. At least players will prove to themselves they are better then Associates. Zim players need match practice and confidence. I was in charge I would play as much cricket as possible.

eugene

Post by eugene »

Scotland are actually pretty decent these days, I think they are a rising power whereas Ireland are probably in decline, except in the longest format. As for the West Indies, I love the timezone, only time I get to watch full matches, except for day-nighters in England.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes