Logan Cup (Eagles v Tuskers Rhinos v Mountaineers)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Logan Cup (Eagles v Tuskers Rhinos v Mountaineers)

Post by Black Mamba »

Hammy brought up his 50, needs to bat long.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well, Kasuza seems to have missed out on a hundred that was there for the taking. Out for 97.

Some solid batting display in Zim domestic cricket for a change...

MidWest Rhinos
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

Largely thanks to some poor bowling. Squandered the new ball and early conditions. That being said, they did bat well.

Cremer and Tendo are both injured.
Unoffically Mid West Rhinos

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

just wondering what Mashinge has to do to be selected. Would be a great selection for the Sri Lankan tour
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

Googly

Post by Googly »

He went oversees of his own volition and the ZC dictators hate that. He didn't get permission and he might come back and tell the rest of the dumb herd how amazing it is over the wall and it might cause insurrection.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

Googly wrote:He went oversees of his own volition and the ZC dictators hate that. He didn't get permission and he might come back and tell the rest of the dumb herd how amazing it is over the wall and it might cause insurrection.
Who went over the pond ?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Willy, he played some club cricket over there last year. They don't like guys showing initiative

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Mountaineers finally out for 370 from 129.5 overs, Tendai Chisoro taking a career best 6-145, I'm not really sure of the value in Mountaineers taking 37 overs to add 75 in moving from 295-3, but I'm sure Maruma knows more about captaincy than me, especially during his 3 hour, 118 ball, 43 ...........

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Train Driver wrote:Mountaineers finally out for 370 from 129.5 overs, Tendai Chisoro taking a career best 6-145, I'm not really sure of the value in Mountaineers taking 37 overs to add 75 in moving from 295-3, but I'm sure Maruma knows more about captaincy than me, especially during his 3 hour, 118 ball, 43 ...........
That 3 hour, 118 ball, 43 has no doubt secured Maruma a place as our next test opener.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

Mutombodzi and Haider lead the fightback for the HMCA Eagles in a game that came to life thanks to some inspired bowling by Thabo Mboyi. Mboyi reduced the Capital outfit from 62 for no loss to 75 for 3 with the scalps of Chibaba, Chikabva and Burl. Fight back was lead intially by Waller and Mutombodzi who played a captains innings and must feel dissapointed by throwing away a 100. Mutombodzi short ball short commings once again costing him much deserved hundred under the watchful eye of Taibu who had picked his short commings. Rizwan Haider who is set to leave for the UK next week showed his class and experience as he batted comfortably and showed great technique againts the Tuskers spinners something our batsman will need to learn on the planned tours to Pakistan and Sri Lanka.