A CHANCE SEAN ERVINE RETURNS TO PLAY FOR ZIMZIM

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

A CHANCE SEAN ERVINE RETURNS TO PLAY FOR ZIMZIM

Post by Mueddie28 »

Ervine Quits Hampshire, Or Maybe Not
Wed, 12/01/2011 - 11:10 — maehara
If you've been following our Twitter feed, you'll have noticed the is he, isn't he saga of Sean Ervine's potential return to Zimbabwean colours. I haven't reported on this until now, as it's far from clear what's going on, but here's the current position:

Ervine announced to the media earlier in the week that he would be leaving Hampshire to return to playing for Zimbabwe. Ervine is a Kolpak player with Hampshire, a status that doesn't allow him to play international cricket unless one of two things happens: he leaves the club, or his status is changed to an overseas player. Hampshire already have their quota of overseas players, so that seems unlikely.

That leaves leaving the club as the likely option, and the one he's mentioned to the media. However, he doesn't appear to have mentioned this to the club, who are now looking to hold clear-the-air talks with him to determine exactly what's going on. As far as Hampshire are concerned, he still has one year left to run on his contract with them and can't simply walk away.

In the midst of this, Zimbabwe Cricket are due to announce their final 15-man World Cup squad this morning, which Ervine is expected to be named in - but can they take the chance on naming a player who ultimately may not be able to play for them? The whole saga is a mess, to be honest, and one that's not exactly covering Ervine in glory. More when I get it.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: A CHANCE SEAN ERVINE RETURNS TO PLAY FOR ZIMZIM

Post by Train Driver »

Look at the date for goodness sake

:roll:

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

It may be a retarded question but i just need some clarification with this Kolpak thingy.

BT Taylor: would he be eligble to play for Zim at the next world cup in 2019. Then after that Koplak for another 3 to 4 years ??

Where would Sean Ervive fit in as just a short fix to see us beat Afghanstan to be in the world cup Proper.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

gargamel wrote:It may be a retarded question but i just need some clarification with this Kolpak thingy.

BT Taylor: would he be eligble to play for Zim at the next world cup in 2019. Then after that Koplak for another 3 to 4 years ??

Where would Sean Ervive fit in as just a short fix to see us beat Afghanstan to be in the world cup Proper.
I don't see why not. Taylor's Kolpak deal finishes next year so unless he's offered a renewal or new deal and he accepts, I don't see why he can't return to Zimbabwe and resume playing straight away probably in time for 2 Tests v Australia and Pakistan and through 2018/19 where we actually have some proper fixtures in the FTP as well as World Cup qualifiers.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We could end up with our old full strength team at this rate- I'm just back from the pub and was reading this article about both Flowers making a return.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expres ... meback/amp

rusty17
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by rusty17 »

Googly wrote:We could end up with our old full strength team at this rate- I'm just back from the pub and was reading this article about both Flowers making a return.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expres ... meback/amp
Oh what a relief :D

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

we desperately need BT back. my biggest fear with this kolpak rule is that you might find that because of the enforcing of brexit looming you might get BT renewing and securing his future soon in order to secure his future at least for a few years after brexit is enforced. don't see the ECB keeping the kolpak rule if they don't have to. even any other player who has been thinking about it has to make a decision soon.

I think that's why the likes of Abbott and Rilee signed on now. hope it doesn't affect us..

it would be interesting to find out if Jarvis will be affected or maybe he has had enough years in the UK to get to stay. or maybe he will sign a new contract up to 2020 when he would have completed 7 years