Bangladesh Watch 2015-2019

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: Bangladesh Watch 2015-2019

Post by Kriterion_BD »

grant wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 9:10 am
Going by the warm-up matches, CT will most likely be a nightmare for bowlers. And I agree, lack of power hitters is gonna hurt BD.
The day isn't far when bowling machines will replace bowlers :x
Well the new rule about having an extra (5th) fielder outside the circle in the last 10 overs has helped I think. For example in our last match vs NZ, NZ only managed 53-4 in the final 10 overs with Ross Taylor out in the middle the entire time. That would not have been possible in the old rules.

That being said, I think batsmen have just gotten too good these days. The sheer number of ramps and dilscoops and the success rate of them indicates as much. It will be interesting to see if any bowlers can keep an econ rate under 5 in the champions trophy. That would prove that it can still be done.

And yes our ODI side needs 2 things in my opinion to be a side without weakness.

1) a genuine power hitter
2) a wrist spinner capable of destroying the opposition like Rashid Khan

I hope we can find at least one of those by teh 2019 world cup.

In the absence of a real power hitter, we have to rely on our top order to finesse their way to a big score and hope that 2-3 batsmen remain for the final 10 overs. Thats the only way you can attempt to score 350 and compete with the Englands, Australias, and South Africas who have power hitters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

2 psychologically traumatizing losses in the warm ups to Pakistan and India make for a less than ideal segue into the CT opener vs a rampant England side on Thursday.

I would like to believe the unofficial nature of the match will allow the Tigers to shrug it off as nothing and play tough cricket against England, Australia, and New Zealand. They had better otherwise those teams will brush them aside as toygers...

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Well England certainly brushed us aside. 300 simply isnt enough on these wickets against these sides. I hope we can put in a better show vs AUS and NZ.

The good news is the team realizes 305 is not a winning total. Next challenge is to go out and find a way to manufacture an extra 30 runs per innings.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Haven't looked it up, so I'm not sure if its accurate (Bangladeshi media are notoriously poor fact-checkers)...but Nasir Hossain apparently is averaging 477 with the bat this season's DPL List A tournament.

Surely must be some kind of record if he can keep an average above 300 for the entire season!

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:42 am
Haven't looked it up, so I'm not sure if its accurate (Bangladeshi media are notoriously poor fact-checkers)...but Nasir Hossain apparently is averaging 477 with the bat this season's DPL List A tournament.

Surely must be some kind of record if he can keep an average above 300 for the entire season!
That's actually true! And he has done well with the ball too. He has taken 9 wickets at an average of 14.55 in 7 matches.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

grant wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:51 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:

That's actually true! And he has done well with the ball too. He has taken 9 wickets at an average of 14.55 in 7 matches.
I always thought him being dropped from the squad was overly harsh. He may have warranted being replaced in the XI but never the full squad of 15 especially when guys like Tanvir Haider were being selected.

I sincerely hope he makes it back into the squad. I think his bowling is vastly underrated.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:56 am
grant wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:51 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:

I always thought him being dropped from the squad was overly harsh. He may have warranted being replaced in the XI but never the full squad of 15 especially when guys like Tanvir Haider were being selected.

I sincerely hope he makes it back into the squad. I think his bowling is vastly underrated.
I really rate Nasir. It's quite bizarre that he keeps getting overlooked. Handy with the bat, handy with the ball, good fielder. What more one can ask for ! I believe he is a missing link in the Ban CT squad.

Another thing, I don't understand why Mahmudullah isn't given the ball. He is definitely a better bowler than a Soumya or a Sabbir.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Detective RDS wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:29 am

I really rate Nasir. It's quite bizarre that he keeps getting overlooked. Handy with the bat, handy with the ball, good fielder. What more one can ask for ! I believe he is a missing link in the Ban CT squad.

Another thing, I don't understand why Mahmudullah isn't given the ball. He is definitely a better bowler than a Soumya or a Sabbir.
Nasir has reportedly pissed the coach off. Silly stuff if you ask me. HIs abilities should never have been questioned even if he was out of form. His batting is just as good as Mahmudullah and his fielding and bowling are superior as well.

I think Soumya gets to bowl anytime we need a a seamer to make up some overs (again Nasir is an off spinner but can swing the ball at 125 clicks as well). Sabbir is a pure part timer.

When Mushfiq was captain he never bowled part timers like Nasir. Mash is more prone to using part timers like Mosaddek and Soumya.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:51 pm
Mr Twig wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:No the home Aussie tour would replace the one scheduled in Aus in the FTP. Bangladesh lost one series vd Australia which is the tour of Aus.

Its because Bangladesh arent viable.
I don't think this is right. Australia might postpone Bangladesh's tour to Australia but it won't be replaced. It's a signed deal.

Otherwise Australia wouldn't have signed the agreement in the first place (like with Zimbabwe not getting tours to Australia).
The current FTP has 2 BD-AUS tours.

2015 in BD and 2017 in AUS.

Now there is only one tour which is 2017 in BD. So, the other tour has been lost. Its, as of now, gone. So instead of 4 tests versus AUS this cycle we only have 2.

Hopefully the new Test league will sort these issues out.
For the record, the Bangladesh tour of Australia was postponed 12 months. To be played in August 2018

https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws ... Latest.pdf

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

^thanks for that revised FTP...interesting stuff. Did not know the Aussies were planning on hosting us this cycle.