[Match Thread] OnIy Test: SL vs ZIM

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] OnIy Test: SL vs ZIM

Post by pariah »

Need to start looking at drying up the runs at one end. Can't afford a boundary per over. Sri Lanka are due a century from someone.

That new ball is another 40 overs away and we'll waste it again. Must do the job now. Their last 5 batsmen will give then around 120 runs so if ZIM break this partnership before 50 runs, and at less than 3.5rpo, I'm putting my house on Zimbabwe.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

pariah wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:02 am
Need to start looking at drying up the runs at one end. Can't afford a boundary per over. Sri Lanka are due a century from someone.

That new ball is another 40 overs away and we'll waste it again. Must do the job now. Their last 5 batsmen will give then around 120 runs so if ZIM break this partnership before 50 runs, and at less than 3.5rpo, I'm putting my house on Zimbabwe.
I agree, Cremer is going fine but too many runs are being leaked from the other end. I think a bit of Donald "Glenn McGrath" Tiripano deadly accuracy is needed to see out the day while Cremer continues to attack.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Cremer is bowling the leg spinner great but struggling with the Googly & Wrong un.....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Ming
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Ming »

Jesus, try SOMEthing in these last few overs...Hami, Tiripano, Raza, anyone?!
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Cemer really shoul dhave taken the new ball and attacked, then asked one of the guys to dry up an end...maybe Hami.

He came on too late, then he's bowled 20 overs on the trott after batting for quite a bit.

Tomorrow they must make somebody else captain e.g. Hami, so Cremer can concentrate on bowling and resting sufficiently in between. He must rest big time tonight.(Pointless to make either Williams/Raza captain if they have to bowl a lot).

No logical reason why Nathan Waller even wasted th eplane ticket to go to Sri Lanka. He should make himself useful and sleep at the Ranasinghe Premadasa Stadium. I suspect lots of things will be done on this deck overnight.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

We enter Day 5 in a winning position. Have to take this opportunity tomorrow.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Game is even right now.. I always knew they have 1 session too many. Whoever wins tomorrow morning will win the test in my opinion. These 2 guys are excellent players of spin. If we get them out we will win. gunaratne is also injured so he won't play a match winning inning..so it's really an even game right now.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Jemisi wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:42 am
We enter Day 5 in a winning position. Have to take this opportunity tomorrow.
Yeah, we're just a few quick wickets from really having them on the ropes.

I'd really like to see us try and tie up one end tomorrow morning. The runs were really flowing today, maybe Tiripano at one end hitting line and length and going at 1.2 rpo.

The key is Cremer, obviously. If he gets another 5-fer Zim will probably win.

The Robot

Post by The Robot »

Mpofu & Tiripano are useless. Dry pitch, condition ideal for reverse swing. Both these bowlers neither have pace nor skills to deceive batsman, simply depends on batsman to make wrong.

Zimbabwe Pace Department is a big vacant. Since Jarvis retire, Vitori banned, none of them looked threatening. Streak & Ntini should think of new talents here, taking wickets has become dependent only on Cremer.
Robo to rule :oops:

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:46 am
The key is Cremer, obviously. If he gets another 5-fer Zim will probably win.
I had a feeling from the start of this innings that 5 wickets for Cremer won't do the trick. Probably need 6 or 7 from him.