Jongwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Jongwe?

Post by tawac »

Jongwe is definitely a very good player and one ZC wouldn't want to lose in a hurry. I really like the whole Jongwe-Chisoro-Madziva picture showed Zim has the talent to take over from the current blokes. Surely he is just waiting in the wings.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:34 pm
Jongwe is definitely a very good player and one ZC wouldn't want to lose in a hurry. I really like the whole Jongwe-Chisoro-Madziva picture. [Shows] Zim has the talent to take over from the current blokes.
Chisoro a bit older but still in the mix. You can certainly add Wellington Masakadza to that list.

It's frightening to think Zimbabwe has played so many internationals lately, yet none of Chisoro, Madviza and Wellington - all with world class stats - have been part of them, then to now also read of another "outcast" Jongwe being possibly lost to Australia.

It's because of such discussions that people get to really think and appreciate that Zimbabwe has got plenty of talent and doesn't need to panick.

Even Kevin Kasuza is a veteran at just 24 years of age, but is still to make his Zim debut!

Joylord Gumbie, the wicketkeeper just 21 years of age. Who knows how good he'll be in the next 4/5 years when Chakabva is pushing 34.

Innocent Kaia, another one who is just 24 years old, scored a century opening against Namibia, and followed it up with a decent score against Canada. His legbreaks seem to have been more challenging to face than Cremer, Malcolm and Raza's spin, but on par with Wellington. Yet for some reason, probably mad decision, he was ignored after that.

We see Burl and Mumba in the squads so that's good, plus Gumbie is around the XI/A sides(Jongwe ostracised). I don't know what's happening with their u19 colleague Cuthbert Chisoko. Though Mashinge is in the deleopment squad I believe. But there are other young guys like Clive Chitumba who are also knocking on the door. An allround talent in the wings. Both routinely outperformed some "favourtes" in the u19s.

It's not clear how the pecking order is stacked because even Mushangwe (only 26, has over 200 FC wickets) did what was necessary - topped FC bowling charts AGAIN, but he's just coming back from the sub-continent without having bowled a single ball in anger. He was very decent against a South Africa A team many times stronger than that Sri Lanka side he was deemed too weak for.

Herbet Chikomba also seems to have bundles of talent as a spinner at just 22. But if he witnesses Wellington having done everything expected but still discarded, then he can't possibly have much fight left in him.

What is very clear though is that Zimbabwe already has the goods in there right now.

But the heartbreaking thing is, if a 22 year old Jongwe goes, what's to prevent Kaia, Wellington from leaving? This Diplock guy was a teammate to some of them. What if he decided - "Hey these were my teammates and I can make a lot of money by referring them" and gives up cricket and goes all Mendes and Raiola. He has a ready datatbase :lol:

I read somewhere that ZC will include a development squad, but that won't be enough with the amount of talent coming through. Maybe adding another team whose fixtures don't exactly count towards log points, but do towards personal stats might not be a bad idea. Some of these players are perhaps affected by game time too.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

pariah wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:01 pm
I don't know what's happening with their u19 colleague Cuthbert Chisoko.
*Musoko

tawac

Post by tawac »

Yah there are plenty of players waiting in the wings. players like Musoko, Nyauchi, Kunje, could make up a pretty decent development side with young guys and none of the old horse. Rather than trying to recycle the likes of Mpofu. these guys should be given a go.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

pariah

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:09 pm
Yah there are plenty of players waiting in the wings. players like Musoko, Nyauchi, Kunje
I don't know how I forgot to mention Charles Kunje. I had him at the back of my mind. Still only 23 and with very decent stats.

auszim

Post by auszim »

Apparently this post has lead to some 'first class' reporting and social posts :D :D now diplock and jongwe are forging first class careers in Australia

https://www.facebook.com/chevronsworld/ ... =3&theater

Jongwe is a good guy. He is young, had a bit of fun, but still loves cricket. He'll love it over here.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

auszim wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:35 am
Apparently this post has lead to some 'first class' reporting and social posts :D :D now diplock and jongwe are forging first class careers in Australia

https://www.facebook.com/chevronsworld/ ... =3&theater

Jongwe is a good guy. He is young, had a bit of fun, but still loves cricket. He'll love it over here.
A season or 2 playing A Grade cricket in Australia would be great for him. At this point he's not really in the picture for national honours so I think it will be a good thing for him ......

Still could turn out to be a great player for Zimbabwe ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Fuck me dead and call me Chris.
Where did first class come into it?

Sydney shires (I never actually mentioned the standard or competition) is very far removed from first class. Decent standard by the average joe, but more park than first class. I'd say Harare league a grade is a better standard.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

tawac

Post by tawac »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:24 am
Fuck me dead and call me Chris.
Where did first class come into it?

Sydney shires (I never actually mentioned the standard or competition) is very far removed from first class. Decent standard by the average joe, but more park than first class. I'd say Harare league a grade is a better standard.
The mere mention of the name chevrons should tell you that its fly by night reporting. Half baked info and just looking to get some mileage. There is a reason why that name is hardly mentioned in these circles.

In other news Solomon Mire is apparently an Aussie resident now could Jongwe be taking the same root?

pariah

Post by pariah »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:24 am
Sydney shires [is] more park than first class. I'd say Harare league a grade is a better standard.
This is the kind of stuff linked to young Luke Jongwe.

Diplock has zero track record at the highest level but even for him that shouldn't be right.

When Zimbabwe brings in the likes of Streak, an ICC plant, gets funds injection, gets hammered by Scotland, gets thumped by 149 runs by Netherlands following a very narrow win, gets a wholly unexpected a lift against a Sri Lanka side in total disarray, but then still wake up to news of such things like Jongwe potentially happening, I'm made to ask - what's really going on?

Is Zimbabwe cricket really in a healthy state? I read Vusi playing somewhere - England I think, and Elton Chigumbura isn't simply off form - that guy would turn up in Zimbabwean domestic cricket and simply bully every attack - something even Taibu, Taylor and Hami struggled to do with no match fitness.

Surely something must be cooking somewhere, somehow.

Could it be that with funds guaranteed - not much pressure for FC regulation, then maybe with delayed calendars, no Twenty20 since 19-voetsek, some players being contracted - perhaps ZC is trying to survive in international cricket for a few years and hope Mangongo produces another trove of u19s to again carry Zimbabwe for another 15 years - all bypassing domestic cricket, with the Development team in the UK a safety net(while Matsi and Taibu eat)? Maybe resurrecting part-voluntary club cricket is designed to keep the general interest alive with, domestic performers ignored?